You see this book:

This is a book written by a friend and former boss, Mark Griffin. It arrived on my doorstep yesterday, fresh from the printer. It is a solid book. It chronicles the history of the Philmont Training Center. The very training center that changed my life. The place I met my husband. The inspiration for
this post.And this 2 page spread in that very same book makes me want to jump up and down, flail my arms and do some rendition of the dance of joy (please don't watch, as I am sure it might get awkward).

Because those are MY words. In print. As in, published in a book. That will sit on a shelf. That people can purchase.
I realize it is not MY book. And I realize it is ONLY 2-ish pages. But those are my pages. And you can't wipe this ridiculous grin off my face if you tried.
14 comments:
I love it! I just had to reread the original Phil-post:). It makes me teary eyed and yet I am still sitting here with a big stupid grin on my face!
no frickin' way! seriously! way to go, girlfriend. i don't know what it says, but i'm sure it's profound and inspirational. do tell...how did this all come about?
You should totally write your own book! You are an amazing writer. Everytime I see you have a new post, I get excited. sure, your life is similar to all my other friends, but only you know how to express it in just the right way. If I had a lot of money, I would hire you to write MY blog!
:)
next stop: gravy train.
C'mon, Amber. Write that book. You know you want to...
That is seriously so exciting! I was published once, but I never read it, and no one will ever know about it (except you) because I wrote it under an alias (my husband's name). And I don't know where it was published. All I know is that I wrote a 25-page paper for one of my husband's classes during his graduate program, and the teacher asked his permission to publish it in some journal somewhere. Some journal probably no one has ever read (I don't think my husband even read the paper before he turned it in), but still. Fancy, I know.
We should put our heads together.
Congratulations!
Amber - Congrats! That is SO exciting! You are a fabulous writer and I hope one day you'll use your gift and share it with more than just the people who are lucky enough to know about your blog. :)
Congrats Amber! that is sweet.
Ooh, that is great. I loved that post. Why isn't there a way to go back in time just for a day and hang out in the stockade, and eat horrible dining hall food, and sing "Home on the Range" again? You did such a great job writing about Philmont, I'm glad to see that it was published. :)
That is simply amazing, but on a level that is beyond simple. Congrats from someone who really appreciates your writing talents!
So....that dance of joy....I can picture that dance vividly in my mind. I know exactly what dance you danced and the sounds of squealing that were coming from your mouth. Its sooo you!
Wish you could email me those 2 ish pages for me to read. Ahhh, I LOVE PHILMONT!!! Congratulations on being part of this book. I knew I should have ordered one.
ROCK ON! I want an autographed copy.
WAAA HOOO!!!!! When will you be reading your section at the local coffee house?
WOW! What an honor, and deserved privilege. I know you didn't get all that talent from Ms. Fransen's English classes in high school...it's truly a God-given talent you have, and I must agree with Jessica, I love reading your posts.
Post a Comment