Want to know what happens when you teach an 80's kickboxing class and you need a big fat bottle of Aqua Net to secure that crimped side ponytail you're sporting? Well you leave said bottle of ozone killer (what's that you say? CFC talk is so 1990?) on the counter in easy reach of your 3-year-old. Then you go take a shower to wash all that hot pink lipstick off. But not before you hand a rag and a spray bottle of water to each of your daughters who are on a hardwood floor cleaning kick.
You emerge from the shower to the gleeful screams of those proud little house cleaners. So eager were they to impress that they not only cleaned the hardwood floors, but also the walls/cabinets/doors/baseboards. Which would have been ideal. Which would have crossed a number of things off of your to-do list. Which would have been the perfect start to a fantastic day had your little tow-headed child not replaced her "broken" spray bottle with that big fat bottle of Aqua Net and sprayed every. last. surface. with a thick coat of hairspray. Wipe with rag. Repeat. Wipe with rag. Repeat.
And when you order her to her room and she fails to make it there because somewhere between the front door and her bedroom door her tiny little feet stick firmly to the hardwood, you laugh. And laugh. And laugh. But mostly because you're high on hairspray fumes.
16 comments:
ahhhhhh! this is freakin' hilarious! one main question before we go on...80s kickboxing? why did i not get the memo? so mad right now.
and...why did you not take pictures? this is so classic, right? you take much needed shower, your children take the opportunity to cause serious damage to your house, all in the name of helping? i need to learn a few lessons from those girls...
80s kickboxing...
You just want me to link to you again , don't you? Glad you're still finding the humor in it all!
OOOOHHHHH GOODNESS! That is hilarious! Not so much the cleaning up part for you, but the thought that was going through these little girls' heads, like "we are so good helping mommy and being just like her"!
Looks like you're stuck in the 80's...pun intended!
OMG, I'm laughing so hard I might pee my pants. You have the BEST stories!!!
Ummm. I'm laughing with you...just the thought of seeing her stuck is great. How long did you leave her?
Sick. I do not envy you the job of cleaning up THAT mess.
I remember getting busted for that in 4th grade. All we wanted to do was get my friend's hair to stand straight up because it would have looked totally cool. It was my first (and hopefully last) encounter with Aqua Net. Happy scrubbing.
I wouldn't be able to make this stuff up! (not that you did of course)
So awesome I don't even need a picture. I got enough of a mental one to laugh out loud. :)
How do you get all the good stories?! :-) Haaa! Very funny!
Oh man, why do I miss out on all the fun adventures!? My nieces are pure joy, no?
funnier even to me as one of the moms at preschool had this very thing happen this week. well, not the 80s kickboxing part.. just the hairspray. all over every surface of her bathroom. crazy.
That is classic!!
I'm making a list so I can organize my thoughts, because I'm having difficulty due to my hysterical laughter.
Ok....
1. I had no idea there was such a thing as 80's kick boxing. Can I wear a flashdance sweatshirt to class?
2. I'm now thinking that Aqua Net on the floor might be a nice alternative to the naughty rug for time out. Atleast they couldn't step off of it, right.
that is sooooo funny! seriously, need pictures of that! Love the posts, and congrats on the news interview, here in AZ i actually follow fabulessly your couponing blog, and love it. We have way different stores, but I love there is a place to find lots of deals at the common stores we have. Thanks :)
Post a Comment