February 27, 2008

Think Spring!!

Here are a few pictures of what we have been up to lately. The first two are of the baking project Cora and I did tonight. We are welcoming the warm weather and hoped these fun flower cupcakes would encourage it to stay this way (thanks for the fun cookbook Mom!).

Next up we have a few pictures from Cora's first bowling experience. I was pretty bummed that I forgot my camera, but my sister snapped these on her phone. Sadly, a camera phone doesn't do action shots very well. It took a little convincing to get Cora to put on the bowling shoes because she said they were "ugly boy shoes" and of course a Princess can not be seen wearing "ugly boy shoes!" I was also unaware a bowling ball could roll that slowly and still make it all the way to the end. It was perhaps the LONGEST game in history, but we still had a great time!

And the final picture is from date night last week. Mark surprised me with tickets to see the Boise Philharmonics. Having never been to an orchestra, I did not know what to expect. Simply put, it was amazing. It was also a great excuse to get dressed up (which I love to do!). In case you are wondering why Mark looks so worn out, it is not because the symphony put him to sleep (this picture was taken before we even left the house), it is because he had just returned from a back to back snowboarding/hunting trip and was exhausted. He was such a good sport though and never complained once. I loved everything about the night and so I was thrilled to hear Mark say we should do it again soon. Yippee!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the cupcakes - so cute!! I agree with Cora, bowling shoes are ugly boy shoes...not to mention, you don't know where they have been! Coy and I really need to try this thing called 'date night'.

Andrea said...

Fun cupcakes! where did you get the idea...anna would love that! we have taken Anna bowling a few times and she LOVES it...but we just let her go in her socks...and her ball goes so slow that a couple times it actually stopped in the middle of the lane. yes...embarrassing!

Andrea said...

What on earth was Mark hunting this time of year? I don't keep track of any season but elk, so I'm clueless. Reading your blog makes me think I need to take more pictures! I must do better! I have NO pictures of Ty and I...my little profile photo was cropped from a group photo with my sisters - that's the only picture I have of me since like last July (the ugly fam portrait on my blog) - bad, bad, bad.

The Howard Family said...

Cupcakes very cute. You and your family are adorable. Loved seeing you guys we do need to hang out again, kids and mommies..no kids....girls night out at the movies.... whatever!