I love this picture. Love it. Everything about it. My older sister's curly hair. How fresh and new I look (at only a few minutes old). The lighting. Everything. It makes me feel adored. Because I was.And it makes me miss my sister.
She lives in Portland. And that is too far away. We are so different. But perfect sisters. I used to throw hot irons at her, and she would retaliate with batteries aimed at my head. She has scars on her wrists from where my nails pierced her skin. But we survived it. And looking back, we had an incredibly full childhood.
I love being near her. And I miss her. This picture reminds me of that too.
11 comments:
You summed up the sister love, they are the best. It is amazing how our worst enemies
(I shut my sisters nose in the door . . .poor girl) have become our best friends.
That picture is freakin' awesome! Was it a freak accident that it turned out so perfect, or was there a professional photog standing by - you know, in the barn where you were born.
p.s. that wasn't meant to sound so rude. Didn't you say once that you were born in a barn?
It's so true! I remember how my sister and I would fight fight fight, and then a second later we'd be like, "let's go get some ice cream." I also wish I lived closer to my sisters.
What a beautiful picture. I understand being far from your sister. I can't say that I ever threw a hot iron at Carrie, but I do remember sitting in church and fighting during sacrament mtng...we would sit quietly (feigning reverence) and pinch each other as hard as we could on the upper arm under folded arms. Whether pinched arms or battered battery brains, sisters are the best, no matter how far away they are.
That is a great picture. What is amazing to me, is that the older sister has dark hair now?! I always wished I had a sister when I was little.
Amber, this is such an amazing picture. Yes, I've seen it before, but i forget how perfect it is... And the look on Cho's face is indescribeable (sp?)... she did adore her baby sister... I was there too! ... it wasn't a barn, it was a garage, right?
This picture freaked me out because it looks like Cora holding Claire! Seriously. What a beautiful photo.
You should come to Portland then. Oh and visit me too why you are here. :)
Seriously what a treasure to have a photo like that. Amazing.
Okay, I just logged on and saw this. Thanks for making me cry into my peppermint tea. It's funny that someone mentioned that they thought it was a picture of Cora holding Claire, because I always think of them as being just like the two of us, respectively: I was the posing princess and you were the disheveled, rambunctious one. Hopefully they can have the same sort of relationship that we do and know that, despite their differences, they will always be best friends. Oh, and I miss you too!
Wow-looks like Cora! Old photos are such treasures to dig up. We look forward to your sister visit!
Post a Comment