Mark and I have agreed that on our last day there, the neon lights began to blur together and the sound of the slot machines had burned a permanent place in our ears, but the days leading up to the Vegas overload were wonderful, relaxing and well worth it. We went with two other couples who share a similar sense of humor and outlook on life. This amounted to endless laughter and promises to repeat the trip again (although we all agree Vegas will not be a destination option for years to come). So a huge thanks to Scott and Joey for the invite and an even bigger thanks to Michael, Anne and Michelle for adopting our children for a few days to make the trip possible.
We broke all of the typical Vegas rules. We didn't drink to much or gamble away our life savings, but amazingly we managed to have fun anyway. We walked and walked and walked (good thing too because we ate and ate and ate!). We explored almost all of the casinos/hotels, rode a fantastic roller coaster so many times I ended up with bruises on my shoulders from the harness, lounged by the pool, oh and then ate and walked some more.
I not only enjoyed the company of those we went with, but also remembered how much I enjoy my husband's company as well. When we are at home together, we assume the parent roles. One of us is always changing a diaper or attempting to control the chaos and we get little time to remember how much we like each other (sounds cheesy, but it is so true!). So besides getting in a little sun and a little relaxation, this trip served as a reminder of how compatible we are and how much fun we have together. I sure do love that man!
And here for your viewing pleasure are a few pictures and a video of the light show in front of the Bellagio (please note the video was taken on our last night there when I was completely fed up with stupid drunk people!).
Mark and I inside the Luxor.
Me in front of the Paris.
Scott with a little too much Captain in him!
Kristy, Joey and myself.
8 comments:
How true that it isn't the destination but the people who go with you! I'm already ready for another trip away...
Looks like you had a good time! Vegas is one of those places that I like to go every now and then and my max amount of time I can handle there is about three days. Even that is pushing it! It is a totally different world!
The first picture on your blog of you and Mark...I think it is the lighting but it looks like you both have crazy striped socks on with your sandals:) (Maybe you do and if so....they are so cool!:))
Amy, I guess your memory of Mark is fading after all of these years! Getting him to wearing matching crazy striped socks...well, hell would freeze first :) Just a reflection that I also thought looked pretty cool!
I am jealous - although not about the destination (no offense - I just have no desire...too many summers spent in Nevada as a child), just the getting away without kids and with fun friends! We always talk of such an adventure, but never actually DO it. Isn't it so sad that it's so easy to forget what it's like to be your husband's girlfriend, as opposed to being his secretary, maid, personal assistant, conveniently located nanny to his children, life coach, event planner, care-taker, and personal chef. THAT is why we need trips like these! Thanks for sharing pictures, too.
I'm so glad you went to Vegas! I guess that's all I've got, love ya, Lori.
Fun, Fun! I agree about the lights and the noise I was always soooo happy to get back to my quiet room. I am glad you and your man had a good time!
I want to hear your love story as well! I mean you told a version of it a while back, but I mean the details! And, while Samera's red shirt actually has brown polka dots bespeckling it (she's actually rather proficient and concerned with "matching"), it was more the fact that the pants are about two sizes too small, and she dug every piece out of the bottom of the laundry basket that concerned me. As far as soccer goes, both girls are in it. I would wait until kindergarten at least if I were you. That's when we started Saylor, but Samera loved it so much last year (when she was too little to be in it) that we thought she'd still have the same feelings toward it this year. WRONG! She's WAY too young and it was a waste of money and time (Ty is the coach, so that makes it an extra waste of time)! I'll blog more on the subject next week when we are done with soccer for the season. :)
Yea for vacations! It sounds like you guys did some pretty fun things. I love your header! Did you make it yourself?
Post a Comment