Mark: One swollen, purple very broken hand with a side of road rash on legs, face and arms. Victim of a down hill mountain bike course that will never be attempted again (that is not a statement, it is an order!).
His knuckles and the palm of his hand are starting to turn blue.
Cora: One swollen, purple very smashed thumb. Victim of a large metal concrete forming rod. (I didn't take pictures for 2 days, so most of the swelling is gone.)
Claire: One, wait scratch that, two swollen, purple very large bumps on the head. One deep and very bloody cut on the hand. Victim of her own two feet, a heavy glass figurine and a shattered glass mug. (Our digital was acting up, so all of the pictures of Claire’s goose eggs didn’t turn out!)
Claire's trail of blood.
"All better."
Her head looks nothing like that. The picture turned out quite strange, but you get the gist.And to think, it is only Wednesday. I'm putting 911 on speed dial!
7 comments:
Ohhhhhhhh Amber, I'm so sorry. Maybe, I think you need to read my latest post.
My husband would be jealous of your husband. He used to get those kind of injuries all the time. Not anymore... but only because he doesn't mountain bike anymore, that's where the jealousy comes in.
I'm coming! July 16 - 29. Plan for us we want to play...regardless of the danger! ; )
Holy Canolli! Be careful you Abercrombies!
I swear when the injuries rain down, they pour! We'll go weeks (okay, more like hours) without any major incident, and then suddenly it's like my kids can't keep their bodies from spontaneously producing bruises, bumps, and blood (which happens to always be trailed across my carpet for some reason - I've recently instituted a rule which states, "If you're bleeding, stay on the tile!") Luckily my husband stays in one piece now that he doesn't work construction anymore, so that's been nice. Used to be a weekly occasion that he was nearly killed somehow - glad those days are over, which is why I don't "allow" him to do anything dangerous. Hope Mark heals quickly, but not so quickly that he wants to hop back on the bike too soon.
Hey Amber,
Do you know Yesika? (Jessica in your comments) Her sister is married to Jakes little brother So I'm kinda related. Cool huh.
I knew I could depend on you to eat snow cones with me in 16 inches of snow!!!!!! :)
Post a Comment