The reasons are simple: I have been ridiculously busy, and I have lost my camera. My calendar is allowing a brief opening for me to pause and catch my breath before full chaos resumes, so now would be the perfect time to post glorious stories of my recent adventures. Blast that MIA camera! Puts a kink in everything.
So you are stuck with some old, random photos I found in a mislabeled file.
So many things about this photo make me laugh; not the least of which is her ability to transform a shirt into a makeshift jacket. Nice touch Claire. Also, holy cow child, you are bald.
I think this look was in indication of things to come that I chose to ignore. She just looks devious and I should have put her on Craig's List promptly.
This one on the other hand managed to grow up without me noticing. Doesn't she look so tiny here. Now she is a full fledged girl. She even lost her chubby cheeks (I'm still waiting to lose mine).
And this picture blows my mind because all these little people are no longer little. None of them are babies. They belong to a few of my good friends. We each own 2 of them and will not be adding any more to our broods. That means all those cute little toes and feet you see will soon be walking into preschool. Our babies are preschoolers and our first born will be, gasp, kindergartners.How did this happen? When did Cora start preferring Hanna Montana over Dora (for the record, she is not allowed to watch Hanna Montana yet, but begs every day)? Soon she will start saying things like "syke," and chasing boys. I'm not ready for that. I need her to stay little until I can come to terms with having a defiant little being to deal with. I am fearful that paybacks are in order, and she might be a bit of a handful. And by "might" I mean "will."
But it sure is fun to look back on their itty bitty days and remember how dang cute they were!
5 comments:
Ahhh this made me smile...and cry. Do our kids have to grow up? You know Pres and Cora are gonna be total Divas and I am not ready for that either.
Nice to have you back in the world of blogging. It's not the same without your posts :)
Whew! I missed you. Blogging is not only my only form of adult conversation, it is my only form of friends - long distance though you all are. I'm pathetic.
I went shopping yesterday and about had a meltdown as I realized how BIG my kids are, and that I will never again shop in the "little kid" section again. So sad.
Glad you are able to take a break and blog! :)
I loved the pictures of the girls when they were little. I didn't start checking your blog until they were "grown up!" :) So darn cute!!!!
I think everyones been on blog vacation!
I'm just getting back, and forgot how much I love reading blogs. Its like the morning news for me.
Sad to see kids grow up.
Fun, too!
And Andrea...can't imagine you not having friends.
It's good to take a break once in a while. It gets those creative juices (or should I say Jus') going. Glad that you are alive and well!
Post a Comment