September 10, 2009

For you Trista

As requested, the 3 Heide sisters:
Our family tree gets a bit tangled. We do not bother with half sister this or full-blooded that. There are 5 of us siblings at the core, more if you want to get complicated. But these 2 gals share my mother and my father, and I used to share their last name. They do not share my deformed cheek or my eyes or my nose. Actually, similar jawlines aside, we have always looked quite different. But on days I am feeling mediocre at best, they will say something to make me think mediocrity trumps greatness. And for some reason, I always believe them.

6 comments:

feather said...

amber ... i love this post. you've got a gift for self-expression. you are a lucky girl.

Michelle said...

My dear Amber,

You in NO WAY are mediocre! I recently received one of those crazy emails that circulate like mad. Although 1/2 of the emails drive me nuts, on occasion they have something good to say. The most recent email said that the one flaw in women is that they forget their worth. It's true - we often do. Or we play down our accomplishments because we don't want to seem prideful. Life is always a balance of valuing our self while remaining humble and being humble without degrading our self.

That’s all I’ve got

Trista Crossley said...

Thank you. I miss you guys.

Andrea said...

There is nothing like sisters. This said it perfectly. Every time I get together with mine, or just chat with one of them over the phone, I come away feeling better about myself with a dash of wanting to be/do better.

Michelle (Amber do you love how I address your other commenters on YOUR blog?), you are awesome.

That goes for you, too, Amber.

Rachel said...

I think my favorite part of this picture (and blog) is that your differences on the outside are coupled with so many differences on the inside, but you are sisters through and through.

Jennifer said...

For crying out loud! If you are mediocre (I'm not sure if that's how it's spelled cuz no spell check on comments)then there are a lot of people who would die to be that mediocre! Family...aww good looking bunch of sisters.