December 31, 2009

Why I shower

Remember awhile back when I swore off showers because of this and this and this and this? Maybe I had it all wrong. Maybe giving them unparented time on their own is really the secret to unleashing a creativity that my over-parenting thwarts?

I was showering.

Cora found my camera.

And this picture was born.I love everything about it. The fact that Cora accidentally shifted the focus from the self-portrait Claire was narcissisticly showing off, to my naked, counter top perched daughter was icing on the cake.

So here's to 2010: the year of the shower perhaps?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

This is AWESOOOMME! I think I have a picture of Brad holding up the picture of Brad Jr. just like this.

Really though, classic shot! Love it!

Andrea said...

I just finished (last night) a book about how to inspire creativity in children. It didn't mention showering, which was obviously a big oversight! Perhaps YOU should write a book of your own. Now you have a topic.

And Go.

Michelle said...

That is a great picture! Your kids make me giggle.