"I don't like soccer anymore," Cora declared as she cartwheeled down the field.
Said the soccer mom next to me, "I hear moms tell their kids to run fast or stick with the ball, but you might be the only person I have ever heard forbid your daughter from doing gymnastics on the field."
A few minutes into the game (which they won), we noticed Cora would sprint to the goal every time their team was playing defense and immediately act as goalie. She made a lot of great stops and fought hard to defend their goal. And at half-time she declared she was in fact the team goalie. Which would be fine if 5-year-olds played with goalies. Which they don't. It's 4-on-4 and they deliberately do not use goalies. Try telling that to my little defender.
She is a cartwheeling goalie who will occasionally throw in a handstand when the rest of her team is rushing down the field in a drive to the goal.
Yelled by Cora to the entire crowd after once again being asked not to cartwheel on the field, "I have no control. It just happens."
Said the soccer mom next to me, "I'm not really sure when we should cheer. When they score a goal or when your daughter lands a round-off."
Gymnastics: 1
Bank account: 0
13 comments:
oh my. i am sorry. truly. but it is just too funny. i mean "it just happens"??? awesome.
I guess it would be like someone taking away our NKOTB CD's and forcing us to listen to Barry Manalow?
love that girl. that's exactly the way you want her...beating to her own drum!
Ha ha ha! That's hilarious!
at least she wasn't told by the ref to quite being so aggressive, Preston almost got a red flag and they don't even do that at his age! Miss you guys!
She.Is.Awesome.
Hahahaha! Totally reminds me of my Miss S. I think the SAMe thing during ballet.
Hey, she is enjoying the outdoors right?
OH, that's funny. What a little snippet (don't know what that means, but it seemed to fit).
Amber I Love your blog. I love how you write about your life. I also sometimes get on just to listen to your awesome music tastes as well. You are Awesome and I am glad that I know you.
*snort* that kid is awesome. Seriously!
It just happens! How cute is that!
maybe she's starting a new sport? i'm what could be more athletic then kart wheeling your way to the ball and then kicking it, right!
Go team!
Post a Comment