You might need a bit of background to fully understand the following conversation that took place between Cora and Claire.
1. We just read a book last night that contained a few pages about a wax museum.
2. I mentioned yesterday morning that we needed to remember to clean out their ears after their next bath.
3. Claire believes that ear WAX is really ear WACK. And yes, it's funny every time she says it.
Claire: Cora I'm gonna take your ear wack and make a little car and when I'm 15 I'm gonna drive it away.
Cora: You can't drive, Claire. Mom and dad aren't even gonna let you drive when you are 15!
Claire: I can be driving a car when I'm 15. Why not?
Cora: Because you're crazy.
She just might have a point, but could you ever imagine this little thing turning crazy?
Driving a customized ear wack car or not, 15 will come too soon!

15 comments:
I love these moments. There is nothing like the fumbling, butchering of the English language when it comes from a child's mouth. Usually, it is the most innocent and basic logical thing to say at that moment. Sometimes I wish I had their insight.
Brilliant! Hopefully when she IS 15, an ear whack car will still appeal to her. Then you won't have to shell out the big bucks for a real car...and you won't need to worry about car accidents.
haha! Ear wack!
That is so precious!! You have to remember to tell your daughter that when she is 15/16 and wants a fancy or cool car like all her friends. HaHa... Unfortunely 15 and learners permits will come way too fast!! Another very sweet post Amber that made me smile and remember my boys at that age. 'sigh'... :-)
Happy Easter!!!!
Hugs,
Coreen
What an adorable picture! Just found your blog...can't wait to read more!
Can't wait to share yet another hilarious niece conversation with my co-workers. They always look forward to them...
So funny! I hope you guys had a happy Easter!
Ha! Wonder why she was going to use Cora's ear wack, and not her own?
i was laughing out loud before you even started in on the conversation. even before background #3. but #3 put me over the edge. ear whack? that's hilarious! isn't whack a slang term for ...something? whatever. that's funny stuff.
Thanks for the chuckle!
No, I can't imagine her driving! Her little legs wouldn't reach the pedals! :-)
So, cute and funny!
I love the things your kids say!
Such a great conversation to document! Those things are what just melt your heart. That was both of their little brains turning, working, and reasoning...even if it's "crazy"!
She could be a millionaire with a working "Wack Car"...keep her motivated :)
This is soooooo awesome! We actually call it WACK in our house because of Claire. And that picture is too cute for words. I want to say it's a total mini Claire....but it really is. Does that make sense at all?
I just got all caught up on your blog. As you know it's been a bit crazy around here and it's time to really get back to the things that keep me whole. Your blog is on that list :)
Post a Comment