Cora scored the first goal of her first game. And then she scored another. And soon, when the score was 10-1, they stopped counting (Rough calculations from the soccer mom on my left had the final score at 15-3). For being a bunch of scrawny 5-year-olds, they aren't half bad. But when it is 27 degrees out and you have no meat on your bones, this is where you huddle during time-outs:
And when it's 27 degrees outside and moms bring gallons of hot cocoa to help thaw out frostbitten little fingers, hyper 3-year-old sprites by the name of Claire will spill said hot cocoa all over your camera. Because you are a single soccer mom with only 2 hands. This could get interesting.
Needless to say, I was only able to snap one more picture. My poor camera is covered in a crusty chocolaty substance. It takes pictures like this now:
See that blurry little birdish looking thing in the upper left hand corner? It's hot chocolate (To be fair, my action shots before the hot beverage incident would have looked exactly like this, minus the chocolate smudge. Yep, I'm that good!).
Now when Cora sees someone we know, the first thing out of her mouth is how she killed it at her soccer game on Saturday. So I'm off to teach my daughter about humility (in her defense, when the other team scored, she walked over to the little girl that made the shot and said, "Nice job on that goal. Maybe I'll get the next one." Brought a little tear to my eye!).


10 comments:
Oh the fun. My main line of questioning for all soccer instigators is this: WHY don't we start the soccer season in, say, May? 27 degree weather: averted! Gatorade instead of hot chocolate! Clean cameras! Sun bathing during boring games! It would be brilliant.
Well I love the photos you did get! I've done all kinds of things to my cameras. Some survived, some didn't. Last time I dropped in on Halloween and broke the lens. But now I have SLR and if I break that I am sure my husband will shoot me. :-)
High of 82 today. Just sayin'. Texas is a good place. You should come.
Sorry, I had to delete one, because I'm having word verification issues. Am I the only person who thinks it is impossible to decipher those sometimes?!
27? really, 27? i'm just impressed you went. oh, i'd go. don't get my wrong. i'd just stay in the car...with the heater running.
What fun! You're are soccer mom...hahaha. You could take that negatively or positively your call! I think its great!
I can't wait!
Great photo's!
I love kids playing soccer, we have both of ours in it. She is so cute!!!
27 degrees? Ick. Sweet that she is athletically inclined. Wish I was!
Post a Comment