Dear Cora,
I know I stole your birthday this year, what with all that swimming, biking and running when we should have been celebrating your 6th year on earth. Thank you for sharing your day with me, and cheering so loudly. I heard you say, "You are the fastest one, Mommy." And it made me want to try harder.
But that is nothing new. Since you were born, you have always made Mommy want to try harder and be a better person. You have always been so thoughtful and aware of those around you. And people migrate to you because of that.
You are a leader at school, home and around our neighborhood and a great example to your sister. And your desire to learn and excel in school is more than Daddy and I could have hoped for. You are meticulous and thorough and creative. A pint-sized artist in the making.
Your kindergarten teacher said the word that best describes you, aside from smart, is JOYFUL. And she said you spread that joy unselfishly. We couldn't agree more.
You are and always have been breathtaking. From the first time I touched your skin, I could tell you would walk this earth in a perfect body. And when people come up to me as they always have and comment on your beauty, I smile and thank them, knowing what they do not. That you're just as beautiful on the inside (please always remember that is the most important kind of beauty, regardless of what the world may lead you to believe).
Thank you for making it so easy to be your mother. As our first, it was all trial and error with you. But you helped make our transition into parenthood smooth. And when we failed, you kept on loving us; assuring us we could do this parenting thing.
I am amazed at all you have taught us in your six short years, and I am grateful for every day I have had the pleasure of knowing you.
Happy Birthday Brynner! We couldn't be prouder!
Love,
Mom (and Daddy too!)

9 comments:
Yay for birthdays, triathletes, 6-year olds, and ring pops!
Thanks for making me cry. This is beautiful, just like Cora. She is a gift. A precious gift. Happy Birthday Cora!
great words, mama! happy birthday to cora, and congrats to the triathelete!
happy birthday to your big girl! i love that letter and think it's a perfect way to usher in a brand new year.
Happy Birthday to her, and congrats to you! What a beautiful, perfect letter that she will treasure. To be joyful, in my opinion, is the best personality trait you could possibly have.
That is a super cute photo and a beautiful post. I think this will be wonderful for her to read when she is older. She will treasure it.
can you believe it has been that long! WOW!
After having one of those nights where Griffith wanted to be awake all night instead of asleep, your post made me feel so much better about being tired. And about making mistakes because he is my first (I'm sure I'll make mistakes with the others too.) Thanks for giving me the perspective I really needed today. And happy birthday to your little girl!
What beautiful words to describe my beautiful granddaughter! She is joyful and beautiful - inside and out!
Post a Comment