Messy. Emotional. Scatterbrained. Loving. Bossy. Playful. Athletic.
Many words to describe who I have become in my 30 years on earth. But until Saturday, POWERFUL never came to mind.
That all changed when I crossed that finish line. I knew I was powerful. I felt it and for once, I believed it.
My body, trained. My legs, strong. My muscles, prepared. My lungs, able. My heart, in it.
We had a huge support team during our training process and at the race. I did the work, but they encouraged me and allowed me the opportunity to experience this. And much like they were supportive of the process, they were equally supportive of our recovery!
This experience is one I wish I could bottle and share with you. I want you to feel the energy. The anxiety. The exhaustion. Because then you would know just how accomplished I feel right now. And you would believe what I never did before.
I. Am. Powerful.

15 comments:
Please tell me that the first picture isn't you after you've ran many miles?! Where is the sweat? The pained expression? The exhaustion you speak of?
I can honestly say I have never felt powerful. Emotionally strong, yes, but physically, nope.
Love that in the celebration photo, there aren't beer or wine glasses, but water bottles!
I've never felt the desire to race. However, looking at your post, and others like it, has stirred some desire in me. You look amazing by the way.
you are powerful and i'm so glad you feel it now!
i am so proud of you amber! you did it! and you are so hot in that seal-suit!
Good for you! I'm glad you felt it. Watch out or you'll get hooked!
Good job!
You DID it!!! That is so awesome! I bet you feel like you could go climb a mountain right now :D
You. Are. Amazing.
And awesome. Did you include that in your list of attributes?
And crazy. (Sorry. I know you're sick of hearing it, but I just have no better way to explain how I feel about those who put themselves through these types of tortures. It's just not anything I understand. But I'm proud of you nonetheless).
You. ARE. Powerful.
YES YOU ARE!! I am soooo happy for you. what a stud! Not many folks can say that they did one of those bad boys. Welcome to the club. Now, when is your next one??? :)
YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Congrats Amber! :)
I've thought a lot about what we talked about the other day powerful is a great adjective to describe you. The fact that you can now use this word to describe yourself is epic. What would happen if all the women of the world believed we were powerful?
You inspire me. You always have. I am so proud of you- from the bottom of my heart- and love watching you take on the world.
WOW, i'm glad it was all worth it. I'll never know what that feels like, but I'm super impressed and proud of you. P.S. your leggs look really good when your running, that makes it totally worth it!
So proud. I want to do it too!
Post a Comment