July 12, 2010

Cry baby

I've cried a lot these last few days. Because of this and thisI've also...

Cried when the dust transferred to my eyes from the old boxes of donated goods we were sorting and tagging, tagging and sorting.

Cried when the exhaustion set in and I was so physically drained that my emotions began to short circuit.

Cried when, in the 11th hour, just as we were throwing our hands up wondering why no one cared about these families like we did, 2 local news stations showed up at the exact same moment to feature the sale on the nightly news.

Cried when a little girl of maybe 6 walked up to me at the sale and handed me 3 quarters. When I asked what she was purchasing, her mother said "Nothing, she just wanted you guys to have her money."

Cried when the grand total raised was revealed: $4,345.80 in a little over 6 hours.

And tomorrow, when we present a check to THIS family, I will be sure to wear waterproof mascara. I have a feeling my eyes haven't seen the last of the tears.

Call me a cry baby if you will. Small price to pay for the opportunity to be a part of something so incredible.

6 comments:

Lil' Stormster said...

Awww, sweet chicka. Keep cleaning the tear ducts. It's good.

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

what wonderful news! do you still need onesies for the other family? let me know cause i'd love to help.

Michelle said...

The McCrory family is blessed to have FF support! Keep on keepin' on!

Tawny said...

Incredible! Seriously what a great cause and event! Crying is good. Even if it sucks, it's good to have the real emotion.

Stephanie said...

How do I become more like you, Amber? Thank you for the example.

Nancy said...

You cry because you have a tender and loving heart! What an attribute.:)
In other news, THANK YOU for the cookie recipe. You rock. And.... YOU inspired me to get my hiney out and do a triathalon. I wish you lived closer and we could do one together. September 19th, ready or not, here I come! xoxo Nancy