I made dinner tonight. Claire dumped her entire plate on the ground so I gave her mine. I ate Fruitloops instead.
Mark and I argued today about having a clean house. I cried because I always do when I'm frustrated and wrong. I mean I want a spotless house and all, I was just so busy doing stuff for that other blog of mine that I had no time to even pause and look around to see I was getting swallowed up by dishes and laundry and Bendaroos (if your children don't know what those are, keep them ignorant. Thank me later).
We spent hours cleaning the house. I was mad the entire time. Cue over-the-top pouting to make my husband feel bad. I'm obnoxious most days.
I worked out so hard tonight (frickin Insanity) that I puked up said Fruitloops. And so I ate an Oreo to replace them and instantly felt guilty.
And now I'm going to crawl into bed where I have brand new $220 700 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets I got on clearance for $27-that's right TWENTY SEVEN DOLLARS- after coupon (because who in their right mind would pay over $200 for sheets-albeit GLORIOUS ones?) waiting to greet me and make everything okay again.
Ah fine linen. Way to heal the world.
7 comments:
High thread counts are the only way to go. I don't even consider anything under 400. My 800's are absolutely divine.
I knew you were off yesterday but didn't want to question it through a text :) I love you; your honesty, integrity, human frailities and all. A wise person once told me (or maybe it was on their blog?) that today is a clean slate. Make the best of it.
p.s. The word verification is butchip. That has to be a sign today is going to be a great day.
My only question is why you didn't tell me about the raging deal on sheets! Sheesh! I could have had some luxurious fabric in MY life, too...
Had to laugh. As my 5 year old happily ate my serving of dinner last night (her 3rd serving, by the way), I grabbed a boring box of cereal and ate a bowl full--still hungry, still grumpy....so I topped it off with a large serving of tortilla chips and salsa....still pouting.....ate more....Sometimes it's hard to believe that I AM one of the adults in this household. As for the house--I simply can't believe how behind I can get when I put down my guard for just a few minutes!!! THE MESS! THE AGONY! Hope you slept well!
Oh man, do I love a nice set of sheets... is it pure bliss!!
Hope things are shaping up over there and you feel better.
PS - I always clean best when I am angry :D
I hope today was a new day, friend. I get in those funks sometimes too. It just happens when everything falls apart at once. Those sheets sound dreamy and a good night sleep probably cures it all. xoxo
When I get mad I clean, it is how I blow off steam. I should get mad more often.
Post a Comment