September 16, 2010

Heaven on Earth

Say hello to my new best friend: grilled peaches with blackberry-basil butter.

Be. Still. My. Heart.

A dear friend introduced us today at a lunch-time BBQ. I fell hard.

Thing is about this friend of mine, she's a foodie too. To say we gorged ourselves would be an understatement.

The peaches
+ freshly grilled corn on the cob
+ jalapeno mango Aidell's sausage
+ fresh chips and queso
--------------------------
= FOOD HANGOVER

Because I too want you to experience this kind of bliss, here's the recipe:

1/2  cup  butter, softened
1/4  cup  seedless blackberry preserves
2  tablespoons  finely chopped fresh basil
5 (ish) large peaches

Stir together softened butter, blackberry preserves and chopped fresh basil until blended. Serve with warm grilled peaches. Thank me later.

9 comments:

Seizing My Day said...

Oh yumm! I need to try grilled peaces! I love that brand of sausages!! they are all yummy!

Todd and Amyjoy said...

sounds delicious!

Andrea said...

I want to know what you did with the sausage, cause I have some in my fridge right now. I made some last week to go in a pasta salad, and it ended up all shrivelly and tough.

Andrea said...

(I just got a bushel of peaches today, so I might have to try this recipe...IF they aren't all nasty when I get home from my weekend with you)

Lil' Stormster said...

Oh my, that does sound like H.E.A.V.E.N!

Jen said...

I wonder if that would work with nectarines? I'm not much for peaches. But I have to admit, it looks yummy.

Tawny said...

You crack me up!!! I just read your comment, yeah, tell me about it, where have I been?! Some days the blog just doesn't win, unfortunately the bed, or grading, or DVR shows, or the kids win ;)
Okay, this sounds delicious...but is it a lot of work? Can you just mail me some? hahaha :)

Michelle said...

Tasty! I think I will have to bookmark this page and run to the store! How did your your moms clutter expert work? I had the most fantastic nap later on that afternoon!

Alexandra said...

You know who needs to see this, right? Pdub.

I'm going to tweet her now..