October 05, 2010

Leavin' on a jet plane

Good thing too or else my children would have to live on pickles and Propel.

Heading to Alabama for a week. My husband's old stomping ground. He hasn't been home in 4 years. He's as excited as a porcupine meeting a pineapple (not even sure what that means. Had an old boss that used to say it all the time & I've never had a chance to use it. It was probably best unused).

My girls are equally excited. The mailman/butcher/server/clerk/lady in line in front of us all know when we are leaving, where we are going & who we are going to see. Here's hoping they don't use this information to rob us blind (which would be a bad idea because we live in a neighborhood with a lot of cops, mean biting dogs, nosy neighbors with big shot guns and really loud security alarms. I'm just sayin').

Be back in a week to tell you all about it....

9 comments:

Andrea said...

I am jealous! Some vacation - any vacation - is better than none, I always say. Have fun!

I miss you already...

Krista said...

What?! Fridges aren't supposed to look like that? Have fun!!

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

have a good time!

Kristin said...

Wow! Good job on getting everything out of the fridge! Have fun!

Joel and Dacia said...

I'm glad that half of the post was about a porcupine meeting a pineapple. That was my favorite. Have a fun time down south! At least it's not so hot anymore!

Michelle said...

Safe travels! Come back with a wildly funny story!

Velvet Over Steel said...

Stopping by to say hello! I know it's been a long time..... I'm more of a winter internest/blogging kind of person... I've figured out! :-)

I'm sure you're back by now so... I hope you had a Wonderful Vacation!! :-) ~ Coreen

Seizing My Day said...

Hope you are having a wonderful time!!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Hope you had fun? I don't see an update here so it must have been some trip!