My life lately is much like a day of fun in the snow. It's good. It's really good. Until suddenly you realize your toes are numb, your cheeks are stinging and you can't feel your fingers. In an instant it's not fun anymore. And you're left to deal with frozen limbs and soggy clothes and you almost forget what a good time you had.
You have Child A lethargic and puking with Child B waiting in the wings. Diagnosis: strep throat. Pause and wait a few weeks. Cue puking Round II for Child A and throw in a side of vomiting blood. Diagnosis: torn esophagus.Wait a few days. And repeat. Wait a few more. And repeat. And repeat again. Enter freaky rash. Diagnosis: unknown.
Meanwhile Child B, not to be outdone, decides to stop breathing at night. Bring on sleepless nights of observation from the shag rug at the foot of a creaky set of bunk beds. Exhausted mommy welcomes diagnosis: massive kissing tonsils. Tonsillectomy here we come. Must cancel life and all prior obligations and commit to two weeks at home for recovery.
Girl's Retreat at lavish cabin in the woods is planned to escape from life. Night before said weekend, a sprained ankle and ugly case of laryngitis threaten to delay the trip. Ignore pain and head towards a weekend of freedom, a little bit crippled and a whole lot mute. Relaxing weekend turns into work weekend, chalk full of itineraries and schedules. Return with more on "to do" list then before.
Exhale.
Thaw.
Remember that at the end of a long day in the snow, hot cocoa fixes everything.
Replace hot cocoa with a week long vacation to Hawaii.
And commence countdown. 31 sleeps to go.
(I would jump for joy and shout it from the rooftops if I could walk. Or talk.)
10 comments:
you are more than average! you are extraordinary. you are certainly a woman I would LOVE to know more.
I'll be praying for your health as well as your beautiful babies.
Well, it sounds like your year is off to a great start. And I've been cranky this morning because Griffith was yelling in is sleep last night. Thanks for putting things into perspective for me! Hopefully your February will be much, much better than your January!
My first thought (at seeing the picture) was, "That's a lot of pink!"
My second thought is that you better get some sleep, because Hawaii is better when you can walk. And talk.
wow. when it rains it pours? better you than me?
honestly, i can't remember the last time that january was actually a good month. it usually has nothing to offer except short dreary days and long cold nights.
but the bright side...you are going to hawaii!!!
You can make it 31 sleeps!
The rest of the year???? Should be a piece of cake, right? Hmmmmm. That actually sounds good--seven layer chocolate cake. You don't have to walk OR talk to eat chocolate cake! Hope things look up, like, NOW!
Yikes... amazing what we can do in the midst ... isn't it? Supermom we are not.. but super amazing that we make it through... yes sir eeee... indeed! Lucky you for the Hawaii trip to look forward too... I wish I had that planned at the end of my little tunnel... which doesn't seem as long anymore... =) Hope y'all are healing and well.. that healing comes quickly at all the right times!! Hope you manage to get some rest!!
Great post! Your life has been so hectic lately but just know this make you appreciate Hawaii even more!!! In the mean time, keeping you close to my heart and sending lots of healing love your way :)
Wow youb do need a vacation. Yay for impending vacation! I am looking forward to many picture!
HOLY CRAP! As much as I hate to say - I'm glad that I'm not alone! Jealous of the vacay though, there isn't one in my book any time soon :(
Post a Comment