January 25, 2009

Chop, Chop

Cora's hair, although long, beautiful and thick, is the source of much contention in our house, mainly because it is long, beautiful and thick. The ear-piercing wails when I attempt to brush, braid or even shampoo her hair, rival that of a colicky newborn. I was tired of the battle, but could not convince her to chop her golden locks.

Yesterday, as I passed a salon while wandering the mall, I had a stroke of genius. They had a sign displayed out front, and Cora was curious about its content. I told her the sign said they were having a special haircut sale, but not everyone was invited. She had to ask the lady at the counter if she could have a "special" appointment. Luckily, the nice stylist behind the counter played along and before we knew it, Cora was sitting high in the chair, rambling on and on about how special she was.

I love the length, and images of blissful, screamless mornings fill my mind. However, my love for the new cut fails to rival that of Cora's absolute adoration for it. She can't stop touching it, telling everyone she sees or shaking her head from side to side, sending her new spunky bob swinging from ear to ear. Seriously, if she had to have a root canal, she would welcome it just so she could show the dentist her new hair!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I like it! She is very darling! I don't think I can ever go back to long hair myself . . .we shall see. Oh by the way I ran into Nick R. Friday night - I like that guy.

Krista said...

It's so cute on her, I love it!

Kristin said...

Adorable as always.

Pam said...

Love it! Both Harlee and I want to cut her hair but daddy is the one we're trying to convince. So take her to the dentist and tell him his little girl needs a haircut just like Cora's.

Stephanie said...

Super cute! I am all for short hair on the little ones.

Amy Hall said...

Precious!

Todd and Amyjoy said...

So cute. Annika wants her hair cut short again. I told her we will when she is 10. But we also have the fights that you described so it might be next week. haha

Andrea said...

Hooray for less fighting in the bathroom over hair! I figure, when they're old enough to do it themselves, they can have it any length they desire, but until then short is the rule.

Also, hooray for getting your blogging groove back (not that I thought it ever left, but I think YOU thought it had).

DANIELDOOZ said...

Very cute! Some days I consider doing the same for my own little screamers! Hair time is a battle at our house too!