"Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America." -Barack Obama
I did not vote for Barack Obama. Don't get me wrong, I have a strong dislike for John McCain as well, but it came down to the flip of a coin. I was not impressed with either candidate. Because I would rather not turn this blog into a political platform, I will refrain from giving reasons. Just know that as November rolled around last year, I was filled with dread.
As a nation, we were hurting. We were (are) in financial turmoil and battling a never ending (and some would argue unnecessary) war. The future looked bleak and many would say, with Barack Obama at the helm, that is still the case. I would beg to differ.
As I watched the inauguration today, I couldn't help but feel hopeful. Am I certain Obama's actions as president will back up his promises of change, no. But, the historical impact of his presidency aside, I have never seen such excitement, such optimism in our country. People are looking to the future with renewed confidence and anticipation, which many have been lacking for so long.
Today speaks volumes about how far we have come as a nation, and it ushers in a new era of hope that I can't help be on board with. Regardless of whom I voted for or why, whether I label myself a Republican, Democrat or neither, I stand behind this president.
5 comments:
I agree with you on the renewed sense of pride and excitement America has about it's future! I watched the inauguration and felt this from the time it started to time it ended.
I think we talked about this today, and I stand where you do. I thank God that we live in a country with so many people who are still full of hope, despite the difficult times right now. Now, more than ever before, we need to pull together- not as Democrats or Republicans- but as Americans.
BLAST CNN LIVE STREAM!!!!!!!! I tried to listen to it at work but, once again, CNN has failed me. At some point I will sit down and watch it.
Bottom line. . .I LOVE America and will pray fervently for our President.
Oh, was that today?
I sat down with the kids to watch the inauguration and all I heard was "Mommy, I want my shows, not this". Last night when Daddy came home though, Emma was thrilled to tell him we have a new president, and she even recognized him when his picture came on the TV. I too was torn with the election, but I have hope that President Obama will do good, and will uphold the consitution....and I pray for him and his family in this desprate time we Americans are having. What a wonderful day to whitness and take part in.
Post a Comment