January 13, 2009

A snowman, a craft, a rash and a bit more randomness

First, if all of my dear blogging friends would cease to post anything new on their blogs until Unplugged 2009 is over so I will have less catching up to do, that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. (Wish me luck everyone, as the plug is pulled in a few short hours!)

Moving onward, I began a modified version of this cleanse called the Master Cleanse yesterday. The actual cleanse is 10 days with no food, living on a concoction of lemon juice, water, Grade B maple syrup and peppermint tea. My goal was to make it through 2 days and I very well could have. The hunger pains weren't so bad actually, it was the total lack of energy that was the problem. I could not stop yawning and wanting to do nothing that required moving from the comfort of my couch. So after about a day and a half, I came to discover a few things about myself. 1. I HATE peppermint tea. 2. I HATE grade B maple syrup. 3. I HATE ridiculous cleanses that make you starve yourself. Enough said.

Next, and drum roll please, if you need to get in touch with me between May 15-18, well good luck, as I will be sunning myself on a cruise ship with the New Kids on the Block. That's right, you heard me: A NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK CRUISE!!!!!! I know, I know. I can barely contain my excitement either.

Now how do I top that? Well, I can't, but I have a few pictures I have been meaning to post. So here you have it:

Let's start with some fun in the snow.
Taking the girls sledding (no hills means mommy gets in a great workout!).
I am aware Cora's snow suit is 2 sizes too big; they just outgrow them so fast I decided to outsmart the snow suit! And yes, that is a pizza crust mouth secured with skewers (I thought it was a shine of brilliance!).
And their arm-less snow man.
And some added appendages.

Next we have a picture of a little craft I made for a few of my girlfriends for Christmas (yes, I said "I made" and "craft" in the same sentence-I'm just as shocked as you). Amber is to craft, as oil is to water, so I had to share.
I love this quote!

Speaking of great women, here are two I am quite fond of. My sister, Desi, and Cora made some cute little gingerbread men.
Sadly, they looked much better than they tasted!

And finally, poor little Claire-bear was sick, sick, sick. She had a crazy high fever and a raging case of Croup. Nothing new and nothing that a dose of steroids couldn't fix, but still so unpleasant for her. And after 2 weeks, just when we thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel, this is what we discovered.Luckily, just as mysteriously as it arrived, it vanished the next day. She is still barking occasionally (what's new), and she has been a bit moodier than normal, but that aside, she is back to her normal playful self.

So now you are up to speed. I'm signing off until Thursday. I have begun mentally preparing myself, but I'm sure you will hear all about my adventures when I reconnect (literally).

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Ok, so how do we unplug the computer when we have to get NKOTB cruise info and tickets tomorrow? I'm with you-you know that- but the NKOTB cruise outweighs any prior obligation.

On top of that, love your blogs, love your photos, and love you! Thanks for making my special light shine (and I don't mean in a Biggest Loser kinda way ;)

danberg said...

Poor thing, that rash looks awful! So, NKOTB is really doing a cruise? Throw in a channel that plays nothing but Gilmore Girls, and I'd sign up in a heart beat!!!

Michelle said...

My reactions in order (I hope):

Master Cleanse makes me feel malnourished just reading about it. But I like the thought of a challenge.

NKOB cruise - you go girl (literally)!

Who looks dang cute in a snow suit? YOU DO!

What a great craft! I like the color and I like the quote.

Poor Claire! I am glad that she is feeling better.

I am sorry about posting something today. I have never been good and following rules. Good luck with your unplugged. I thought about doing that last Saturday as I sat down to drink a cup of coffee, watch CNN and surf the web. If I had kids I would care more and want them to be “unplugged” as well. Wanting myself to go unplugged? My brain really has developed as much as it possibly can (which isn’t very much). I am at the point where my brain cells are dying. . .I suppose I should care.

Andrea said...

Neener, neener...I'm on my computer. Last night I actually thought about unplugging today after all, but forgot first thing this morning 'til I read this. Oops.

Are you serious about the cruise thing? That is too funny.

I'm relieved you didn't make it 10 days on that cleanse. That sounds seriously unhealthy. I mean, I'm all for healthy (not really), but come on!

lemontree said...

I've read a lot about cleanses (juice cleanses and the like). My initial reaction is a repulsion to it. I know a few people who do it regularly. It is always hard for them. It is not something I'd want to subject my body to the stress of. After reading about it, and doing a lot of thinking, I'm convinced that the best "cleanse" is to load the body up with raw fruits and veggies, especially greens. Not only does this nourish the body with micronutrients, it also fills you up with fiber, taking more toxins from the body than if you had no fiber. That said, I don't think I'd personally ever go totally raw for any amount of time. I also believe that our once a month fasts are beneficial to our bodies.

Rashes look bad and make us worry. Last year, my girls developed an all over the body rash that lasted a couple days, and they took turns getting it. It looked like measles. The doctor wasn't concerned at all and said "it must be a virus." It wasn't really very comforting.

Enjoy your unplugged time! I'll look forward to reading more when you get back.

Todd and Amyjoy said...

That rash looks like Annika's reaction to antibiotics. You said it was at the end of her sickness right? Is she allergic to any antiobiotics? Of my first three kids, they are allergic to 5 different antiobiotics! That is what happens to them, except all over their bodies.
Annika did not show the rash the first time she was on it. It makes me wonder. Just food for thought.

Speaking of food. Enjoy real food. I do not believe in cleanses either.
Have a great day.

Amber said...

There is a reason we are supposed to eat food!
Serious? A NKOTB cruise? That is so awesome. I am so excited just knowing how excited you are!

Pam said...

Umm, yes, that master cleanse thing sounds nasty. I will never even attempt such a thing. the cruise...amazing. how can one person be so lucky? Hope Claire is feeling better. And I really should try this unplugged thing, I just don't ever see that happening either.

Michelle Butler said...

hey my sister loves the "here's to great woman" where did you get the vynal lettering?? what size board is it!