My sisters came to town. We ate some candy. We held a little neighborhood Easter egg hunt in our backyard. We ate some candy. We dyed some eggs. We ate some candy. We headed to Payette for an Easter feast. We ate some candy. (Does anyone else see the theme of the weekend?)
Patiently waiting for the hunt to begin (I know, I too am jealous of all my punk friends and their cute butt jeans. I just try not to stand too close to them.).
And the hunt is on.
Mark has since cut the grass. We just felt tall grass would add more of a challenge.
You might not be able to sense it, but they were eager and excited. Seriously.
Showing off her beautiful basket (hey now, purple is very much an Easter color!).
Soren kept trying to share. Quite nice of him. My thighs thank you.
If you beg, she might even let you borrow the basket to use as a purse when you go out on Friday night. Haven't you heard, orange is the new pink.
The girls proudly displaying their loot.
The two little adorable boys above belong to a couple of our friends/neighbors. Due to their overwhelming cuteness, I predict some pretty intense crushes in our house in a few years!
Wise little Carsyn hung out inside the very warm house, while the rest of us froze outside!
The egg dyeing crew (I kept my shirt on because rolls on a 2-yr-old: cute. Rolls on a 29-yr-old: not cute.).
She was quite the egg dyeing pro.
As was I.
Claire was so proud of her eggs.
I'm still not sure how I am going to use that many hard boiled eggs before they go bad. Egg salad sandwiches anyone?
My mom, aka. Grandma, enjoying some quality time with her crazies (it's not mean, it's descriptive. Have you met them?).
Yes Michelle, we get it. I'm all matchy, matchy w/ a zebra. Very funny.
My mom was so proud of her "photo contest winning" shot of Claire watching the chicken. We were just proud she did not cut off her head or an appendage.
My beautiful sisters. We are a freakin riot to be around. Seriously. We are funny. Although, no one else seems to get our jokes. Oh and I guess no one else thinks we are funny.
Except maybe him. But what does he know. He has 4 sisters who used to torture him. So even if he didn't think we were funny, he knows better than to admit it.Perhaps I'm odd, but I like my family. I really do. They are my peeps (not to be confused w/ the sugary marshmallow variety-although those were plentiful this weekend too). I wish there were more important holidays to justify flying them in every other weekend. I guess we will have to start celebrating National Pecan Day (today) since we missed celebrating Eight-track Tape Day last week (both are, although not nationally observed, holidays on some American calendars).
So you have reached the end of a very long post. Thanks for hanging in there. I can now check off the traditional Easter post from my "to do" list. Onward to more important posts (I'm drawing a blank. Any suggestions?).
10 comments:
There is nothing as important as family. Thanks for your pictures. It was fun to see your pictures.
Thank you for your VERY kind words on my blog. We're just doing the best we can.
Amyjoy
Well, I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one wearing black on Easter (although there were Spring accents). Your sister picture is so nice - I can't believe how grown-up, is it Michelle? - the littles one is! I still remember her as a little girl in Primary! I guess as I get older, other do too. Glad you had a nice family-filled Easter.
Ok, so much to say. First, thanks for having us over. That was so fun! Secondly, now I just need a cute butt to go with my cute butt jeans. Third, will your family adopt me? At least just for the holidays?? You are so blessed.
Rachel, I was actually wishing my butt looked like that, in those cute butt jeans. Funny, Amber, that you brought it up, because I totally noticed the butt, and was envying it, before I read that
Sooooooo Amber you can stand close to me becuase 1: I don't have cute butt jeans 2: I don't have a cute butt to fit into the cute butt jeans 3: I am sure your butt is totally cute so I change my mind don't stand near me.
I loved the photos!
How fun to get together with your sisters. Stephanie is way ahead of me, I totally didn't know you had three sisters. Just remembered the two. I do remember a little (tiny) brother, but that can't be him, can it? Wow. Looks like a fun Easter to me.
I must admit, I'm always jealous when Desi and I are in the same region of the continent and I don't get to see her. I guess blood is really thicker than water, eh? :)
i agree with you about family, there is nothing else like it. mine is loud and we think we are funny, even if no one else gets it too :) i am so jealous of your miles and miles of backyard! its going on my wish list for when i grow up (#375- get a backyard just like ambers, but not one that get snow)
Tee hee! I giggled at the seasonally challenged part.
Wonderful photos. I'm glad you had a Blessed Easter.
So fun to have your family there for Easter. We should have more holidays to celebrate with our families!
Post a Comment