April 22, 2009

I love you. I love you not.

I am married to a hard-working man, who, as a bonus, looks mighty hot in a white t-shirt. I have two spunky daughters, who fill my life with fits of laughter (occasionally, because I am at my wits end, and I choose uncontrollable laughter over uncontrollable sobs). And I have some pretty stellar friends, who are not afraid to tell me I have broccoli stuck in my teeth, and who offer a wealth of great advice. Plain and simple, my life is full. So, no offense to any of the people mentioned above (or to you, Jordan), but I have a new love.
I discovered the bread pudding at Famous Dave's tonight. It is now consuming my every thought. All I can think about is when/how I can get my next fix. Can someone please grab me firmly by the hand and lead me (drag me) to the gym? Curse you Famous Dave! Don't you know I have to be in a bathing suit, sunning myself in the Bahamas in 3 weeks. Okay, so this is shaping up to be more of a love/hate relationship. But oh, that praline sauce is calling my name.....

7 comments:

Rachel said...

And now i know why we're friends. This is my favorite dessert of all time there. I can't believe I didn't tell you about it before??? My mom loves it too. Can we go today? Please? We can have our Amber Rachel date? Maybe?

Kristin said...

It does looks divine, I'm not going to lie. :)

Have you tried the Sydney's Sinful Sundae from Outback? That is my dessert vice.

Michelle said...

So . . .every time you post pictures of dessert I see THREE spoons. Since I read a lot of Nancy Drew books in my day I have deduced that: every time you go out to eat and get something tasty you are actually sharing. When you share desserts the calories hardly count. (I have to be in a swimsuit in oh. . . .two weeks. My body is in no way, shape, or form ready for a swimsuit and the likelihood that my body will be swimsuit ready in two weeks is HIGHLY unlikely. So I would have just eaten the dessert all by myself.) See you this saturday!

OH YEAH - and your comment about you liking the fact that I run because of the blogs that it inspires? Well, I have one about finding the perfect pair of under-roo's for running. I have visions of posting pictures of all the under-roo's that I have purchased on my quest however, my blog is public and I am not sure how I feal about strangers (or unknown readers) reading about my under-roo issues :) Maybe someday I will throw caution to the wind and post my roo's online!

Krista said...

Oh Amber....and Rachel, this is a bad bad thing right now!!! Walk away!

Andrea said...

Oh, honey. Haven't you ever heard of a delightful little article of clothing called a "cover-up"? They are a girl's best friend, I'm telling you! And this season especially, they are super stylish and even, dare I say, glamorous! So eat that bread pudding (could a more nasty name ever be given to such a delectable dessert?) 'til the cows come home (that was NOT a fat joke, although now that I think of it...), darling. A fabulous bespangled frock combined with a cute high-heeled sandal will easily forgive all your food-craving sins.

I'll be there tomorrow!

Stephanie said...

So, after reading your post, I just had to look for a recipe (people always post imitations and the like). There were several to choose from, now all I have to do is figure out what cinnamon egg bread is?? Looks delicious, though!

Lil' Stormster said...

Holy POOP that looks like heaven!!! Have you tried the Rams Bread Pudding too? Oh man, Jeff & I are SOOOOOOOOOO there!!!!