October 07, 2009

Stay gold

Can someone find me a pause button? Mark could definitely use one. This is what Cora came home from school with today:Even in its blurry state, should be easy to make out that those numbers make up a phone number. And no, Marc is not short for Marcy. Cora scored a boy's number. She is 5. She is in kindergarten. She still wants me to rock her to sleep. And she is bringing home phone numbers. How do you like them apples?

*The good photos by PK Photography

12 comments:

Andrea said...

And here I was, ready to tell Anna after she listed off her girl-only friends at school, that it is good to be friends with boys too...I think I shall encourage girls-only a little while longer!! Poor Mark...I think he and Matt could commiserate together.

feather said...

that is one girl i admire! go, girl!

Andrea said...

Because of your title, I will love you forever (do you remember what you wrote in my sophomore year book?).

Because of your current predicament, I feel sorry for you. And wish you the best.

Because I love you forever, I will recite the following: Nature's first green is gold, Her hardest hue to hold...
so dawn goes down to day, nothing gold can stay.


p.s. Because you stole my favorite title that I have been saving to use for some amazing future blog post, I will pout a little, but still love you forever.


Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Krista said...

Wow! Really?

Heather said...

I just laugh! Emma is in the same state of thinking, but at least she hasn't come home with any phone numbers...yet! Good luck!

Stephanie said...

Now, that's one for the school memory book.

Michelle said...

Your girls got game!

Joel and Dacia said...

I don't think I scored a phone number till 7th grade. Kids these days...

By the way I'd love to invite you to my baby blog. I just need an email address and it's done (as long as I'm not in the hospital and then recovering from having the baby when I get it).

Rachel said...

So obviously Cora is hot just like her mom and Auntie Rachel. I'm just not ready for all of this, but am thankful at least you have a daughter a year older than mine so that you can give me advice?! Poor Mark. Tell him I will make him my 'homemade' spinach dip :)

Amber said...

Next thing you know she will be wanting a cell phone! A girl can't help it when she's so cute though :)

Debbie and Boys said...

Hahahahaha!!!! When Life gives you them apples, make apple pie and have ice cream too!

Carrie said...

I'm calling him first.