December 12, 2007

And so are the days of our lives....

A kid-less friend of mine called me after reading my Mother of the Year blog to tell me that she had changed her mind about having kids and had decided to remain on the pill indefinitely. And then she said one of the funniest things I have ever heard, and I quote, "Well at least days like that are few and far between." Not wanting to further terrify her, I politely muffled my laughter. Although my catastrophic meltdown was unusual, the rest of the day I described was a typical day in the Abercrombie household. Here is an average day in pictures:

The day began with a minor misunderstanding. When I told Cora, Mommy was helping to teach Claire how to drink from a big girl cup, she heard, "Claire can drink from a big girl cup," and kindly offered her some milk.

After the little milk mix-up, we successfully got Cora off to preschool and Claire and I were enjoying some peaceful play time. I was surprised when she actually wanted me to put the princess dress on her, as she is usually trying to shed all of her clothes. I mean the child LOVES to be naked. What I didn't immediately realize was in the time it took me to grab the camera to document Claire's first dress-up experience, she had gone back to her roots. Note the diaper in the upper left hand corner of the photo. Luckily, it was only wet!

At dinner we learned that Claire can successfully wiggle out of her high chair, and that she enjoys sitting on her food much more than eating it (please note the lasagna noodle wedged between her butt cheeks). Cora heard us laughing and stopped her potty break mid-stream to see what all of the commotion was about. You would be shocked to learn how much food can be lodged in the creases of those thunder thighs.

Then it was daddy/daughter fun time while I cleaned up dinner. Okay so maybe not so much fun for daddy (can you even see him?). You be the judge.

We ended the day as usual: PJs, warm milk, story time and then teeth brushin'. This final shot is of Claire's recent obsessesion. She loves to eat Cora's tooth brush holder. When it is not posing a choking hazard to a 1-yr-old, it spends it's time suction-cupped to the bathroom mirror (it is the suction cup aspect that she most loves to suck on).

And there you have it folks. Our normal day. And as Cora would say, "Good times. Good times."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. You certainly have your dad's way with words.