December 06, 2007

Welcome to our world.


I love to write. I love to take pictures. I love to stay connected with family and friends. It is the combination of those particular loves that made a friend of mine suggest I start blogging. So here goes nothing.

First, so everyone is on the same page before I begin, let me give you the quick Abercrombie update:

We have been residing for about a year and a half in Kuna, Idaho in a house Mark designed and we love.



Mark is in his 6th year with the Boise Police Department and I am in my 6th year of worrying about him working for the Boise Police Department. My current occupation is financial planner/boo-boo kisser/mac-n-cheese chef/shuttle driver/maid/Superwoman (aka. mommy). The pays sucks (and no raise in sight), but the benefits are unmatched.


Cora Bryn turned 3 in June and is quite a firecracker of a child. She is mostly hilarious too. If you ask her where she saw Santa she will tell you the Vegetable of Trees (aka. the Festival of Trees). Or if she is sad she will tell you she lost her smile and is certain she will not be able to get it back. She loves all things Princess and make believe. She is also extremely creative and loves Play-Doh, coloring and painting. She is occasionally wild, quite the daredevil and mostly always disobedient, but she is also an amazing sister, hugger and friend.


Claire Brooklyn turned 1 in August. Mark calls her the inspector. She will quietly observe a situation and is keenly aware of what is going on around her. She loves her daddy, and prefers him to anyone. By observing Cora she has learned to be quite adventurous and can usually be found leaping off the kitchen table or stuck on a counter somewhere. She learns a new word every day. Her latest vocab addition is "read." She will follow you around with a book begging you to "read, read, read," until you finally drop what you are doing and read. She also loves to take everything out of every drawer/closet/diaper bag/purse/cabinet she can find. She, very unlike Cora, is quite obedient. When asked she will retrieve her own shoes or throw away her own diaper. She is shaping up to be a nice little helper.


Cora and Claire compliment each other nicely and love playing together (most of the time). They consume most of our time and we have morphed into boring homebodies!

So that is it in a nut shell. My next few posts are older blogs that I thought some of you might find amusing and informative. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Amber,

I just love to hear about and see pictures of you and your family. I always think about how eager we were to grow up. Now that we are "grown up" it is fun to see what paths each of us have taken. Who would have known that life would be so great!

Love ya - M.R.