We had an amazing time in Phoenix visiting family and old friends, but I can't tell you about that right now. You see every time I think about the trip, all of the good goes out the window and I am left remembering our flight home. Or lack of a flight home to be more accurate. The story is long and complicated and makes my blood boil, so again I will not tell it. Just know that after 3 hours on the phone with incompetent Delta and Hotwire representatives, I kindly informed the gentleman from Hotwire that he was an a$$, and hung up on him. And I was actually so mad that I didn't even feel bad saying a naughty word. A week has passed and I still don't regret it. In fact, just thinking about the situation still makes me angry, so I am going to quickly change the subject before I have to go buy a large bar of soap and my cuss-count requires the use of 2 hands and possibly toes.
On to happier things, like the fact that Christmas is right around the corner. And if our backyard is any indication, it might be a White Christmas after all.

We finally got our tree two nights ago. It is very small. Only half of my decorations fit on it. And Mark put the kibosh on tinsel this year (sniff sniff). I guess he thought the vaccuum needed a break. Cora was so excited to help decorate, but even more excited when I played her favorite song, The Little Drummer Boy, on repeat (ask Cora who the Little Drummer Boy is and she will tell you his name is Josh. As in Josh Groban!) She acts as a very animated music conductor when the song begins and then plays the air flute in unison with the music. Quite hilarious actually. It took us about an hour to decorate, and it took me about the same amount of time to come to terms with the fact that a child-decorated tree is not symmetric in the least and I was just going to have to deal with that!
I have been baking a lot of goodies for friends/neighbors lately and my kitchen was a complete disaster zone. Okay who am I kidding, the whole house was a disaster zone. I just haven't been able to restore order since we returned from our trip. So this morning my sister, Desi, took Cora to church with her and Claire and I cleaned the house. Well I cleaned the house. Claire learned how to lift the vent cover and helped a whole Barrel of Monkeys escape. Contrary to what my aunt said when she gave them to Cora as a gift, not everyone needs a Barrel of Monkeys (okay so maybe most people, just not a 1-yr-old).
In addition to discovering that our vents are not screwed down, she also discovered baking soda tastes icky, snow globes from the dollar store have a very short life expectancy (her face after she dropped it was priceless), and Claire and pop-up books don't mix well.



But the good news is the house is temporarily clean. And that is definitely worth sacrificing a snow globe, a pop-up book and a few monkeys for!
No comments:
Post a Comment