No, although it seems otherwise, this post is not about the new bath crayons that my daughters have. Nor is it about the fact that they have taken over our tub. And in order for Mark or I to enjoy a relaxing bubble bath (which happens in my mind a lot more frequently than it does in real life) we have to put up with the waxy crayon bits coating our bodies and the frequent visits from Dora and Diego figurines, a few rubber ducks and some random spongy alphabet letters.
Nope, not what this post is about at all. It is however about the letter written with said bath crayons on the surface of said stolen tub. This is how the bath-side conversation went:
Me: Nice job on writing your words Cora.
Cora: Those aren't words. That's a letter from Joseph to Mary.
Me: Joseph to Mary, huh.
Cora: It says "Dear Mary, I'm glad you could come to the party because you brought that donkey. Love, Joseph."
Me: How do you know Mary and Joseph?
Cora: From the manger. Don't you know them?
Me: I don't really frequent the manger, but I do know of Mary and Joseph.
Cora: Well they didn't invite you to the party. Oh well. Maybe next time.
Seriously, I know my daughter is odd, but even with that knowledge her thought process often floors me. Never a dull moment.
10 comments:
Does that stuff come off easily? Looks scary! I am always afraid to encourage my kids writing on anything other than paper, because I'm afraid that next time they won't use the "bathtub crayons", but a sharpie instead.
Oh my gosh! I am laughing so hard I think I might pee my pants:)
I can just imagine the same conversation with Emma, but I think Cora could top her off with funny imagination. Maybe you should know Joseph and Mary better so you will be invited to the party next time. Then you'll also know who Cora is hanging out with:)
Thanks for giving me a good laugh tonight!
That is awesome! When I was about 2 years old, I got mad at mom for taking care of my brother sister (twins) who were just days old. Darn mother! I went in my room and shut the door. She came in some time later to talk to me and I said, "Could you please shut the door. God, Jesus and Santa Claus are at my party and you were not invited!" I guess Cora and I had the same invitation that said NO MOMS ALLOWED! :) Although Cora put it much nicer to you than I did to my mother...
She's too smart for her own good.
LOL!! My girls love bathtub crayons too!
Bathtub crayons? What the...? I guess I'm out of the loop (maybe because I avoid the toy isle like the plague). That Cora is one of a kind, huh? So funny.
Blog is looking great, been away and haven't seen it for a while, miss you and love you a ton, Lori.
I think your posts are great! Don't we all live mundane lives? It seems to feel that way. Sigh. Yes, we ought to get together and talk cardio intervals! I love it too but am running low on ideas. This morning I ran it like a boot camp. Call me or email me at bogie4242@hotmail.com
Thanks, Steph
I would love to be in Cora's mind for one day! She's got way too much going on up there! She's such a smartie pants. How fun it will be to show her that blog one day....like when she is 16 and going on her first date! Presley loves bathtub crayons too! Our bathtub is thrashed, but I know one day I will look back and do anything to have my babies coloring in the tub.
That is stinkin' hilarious. I am busting a gut right now laughing.
Desi came over for dinner tonight and I forgot to get your number. We want to have you guys over.
Post a Comment