Next up was a tag that I was almost on board with (you got the almost, right?). The blogger was ordered to click on their "My Pictures" file, head directly to the fourth file, locate the fourth picture and post it, with an explanation, for the whole blogging world to enjoy. Problem being, that particular picture just happened to be of Claire's bloody entrance into this world, open uterus and all. Didn't want anyone heaving up their Frosted Flakes, so I refrained. Post #2 down the drain.
Here I am, attempt number three and I've got nothing my friends. I think this might be one of my only posts you could take a big bite out of and chew without getting a chunk of a metaphor or some personification stuck in your teeth (shoot, I just ruined it). So I'll post a few pictures I found when attempting blog idea #2, just for the sake of my reminiscing soul.
I felt this one appropriate for the upcoming holiday. Please ignore the hot pink thunder thighs. It was after I saw this picture that I renewed my gym membership.
And on the opposite end of the thunder thigh spectrum, here is my skinny mini. I thought covering the crack would make it a bit more modest (at least she kept her socks on).And finally, what Claire has been up to while I was posting this:
It started out so small, and then I went to get the broom....
And while I was sweeping.....
this cup met its fate (2 cups in 2 days, she's on a roll). I guess that is what I get for finally giving in and letting Cora have the Barbie cereal she has been begging for, which is roughly 99.9% high fructose corn syrup.Strange. I suddenly remember the emotions that fueled post attempt #1.
11 comments:
I love everything about your posts, even when you are simply conjuring up old photos. you have such a beautiful family, and I am mad I didn't get to see you in your hot pink tights! NKOTB concert maybe??? Also, please let Cora know that I work out on the elpitical the same way...except I at least wear my shoes. Hug Claire for me and tell her I went to Target today and got strawberry candy corn...even better than jellybeans!
Oh gosh, these kind of posts are always my favorite.
I have a hard time believing that you had no posting ideas. That turned out to be a good post. I can not believe your child. How do you cope? I guess by taking pictures and blogging about it.
I feel like our lives could mesh into one sometimes...
I'm so glad you have a reminiscent spirit - it makes for a good darn post! I have been drawing a blank as far as profound blogging goes (for the past year at least - or however long I've been blogging), so I have been posting a lot of pictures. It still gives me my writing therapy, which is silly since there's no writing involved, but whatever keeps me sane, right?
I echo the sentiments of the above bloggers. I get so excited when I find that you have posted something new!
I'm so glad I've brought joy into your life from my misery...I was hoping for compassion but I guess not! Continue laughing at my expense if you must..
hilarious...you always make me laugh.
I love reading your blog. Such a fun person!!! Will you e-mail me so I can get your address and phone #? zebu4u@yahoo.com
That way when I go to Boise again I can actually call you. I was there recently and had no way of locating you. :( Love you!
Hey, I remember that jacket Mark is wearing! Ahh, memories! Also, that's quite a perfect daddy daughter shot! I can't believe how much expression she's showing at such a young age! Also, maybe you should try plastic cups. Smart and Final sells the best restaurant style cups for cheap. I love them. Then you can save your glass ones for all those dinner parties I'm sure you have time for! Wink.
So I was looking at your first post and reading along when I needed to change a stinky diaper so I ran upstairs to get my baby dressed. When I came back down my 3 and 5 year old were both telling me that they saw a naked girl on the computer. I thought oh great they somehow found a porn site (our computer isn't very filtered right now and currently working on that). After quizzing them a bit realized it was not a porn site, but the site I was just looking at. They had scrolled down from where I was reading and found your skinny minnie. Their next question was "what's that pink thing on her bottom, mom?" Sorry that was too funny not to share.
Post a Comment