Cora loves to draw. Give her a pen/marker/crayon and you are blessed with page upon page of, well as of late, the exact same picture over and over.



The formula is simple: Start with a grass base, add a few flowers, some mouse-like humans and throw in a couple of birds. Finish off with some lovely clouds and TADA, the most magnificent picture can be replicated over and over and over.
She has also started making lists and "decorating" her room with them. I suppose I should take it as a hint and finally finish her bedroom (eventually there will be a crown molding chair rail and a pink wall below it).

I'm actually glad I took these pictures because the flash allowed me to see the glue residue left over from when we put the flowers up. Let me put that on my to-do list and I'll get right on it....
And this is one of Cora's many lists. This one happens to be her list of the Netflix videos she wants (yep, makes you aware how much times have changed from when we were growing up, doesn't it?).
Now if I could only figure out how to keep Claire away from the markers when Cora is drawing....
4 comments:
I feel like a jerk-mom, because Saylor used to have free reign over paints, markers, anything inky, to explore her inner artiste. Now that I have younger children though, anything that leaves a mark is strategically hidden and forbidden. My poor children are art-deprived, which, if you know anything about me, is against my religion! What has happened to me? I've turned into a mom who would rather keep stains from occurring than allow my children to develop their creativity.
I love little kid art. I wish I would have saved all of Saylor's. I don't know what I was thinking.
A little budding artist. Maybe she will seel something and make you rich and then you can buy me a house ! :)
I love and admire so much about your mothering abilities. I love that we have Presley "Dora" Picasso and Cora Van Gogh. I actually have 4 of Cora's drawings. Presley loves them so much, and tries to replicate them. haha! I seem to acquire a new one every day I am at the gym when Cora gets a hold of makers in the daycare. I love your children, and even though I see you almost daily, it's nice to be able to stalk you on your blog too! haha! Treasure your drawings- I sure do!
I totally used to draw the same picture over and over, but I didn't have the excuse of being under 5 years old. Love it! I also love the fun green in her room. Such a happy, fun color!
Oh, and vinyl lettering! Haha. That's hilarious.
Post a Comment