November 06, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

This was the conversation overheard between Cora and Claire on our way to the gym this morning. Perhaps our vocabulary lessons have gone astray?

Claire: Cora, you not rude. I'm rude.

Cora: No, I'm rude.

Claire: No, I'm rude.

Cora: Fine. You are rude and I am pretty.

Claire: Okay. What's mommy?

Cora: Old.

Nice.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Isn't it weird how kids think we are old? I remember thinking my parents were old - I don't feel old. Weird, weird, weird. . .

Krista said...

That's really pretty funny.

Jessica said...

I love kids' quotes!

Andrea said...

I'm so happy to hear that rude is the new cool, cause now I'll be the coolest girl ever! No more agonizing over changing my ways and being nice. Whew.

Chredna said...

That is Hilarious!!!! sorry...but it is really funny!

Andrea said...

hee hee hee...

DANIELDOOZ said...

Today my son asked my age. I answered 36. He said: WOW! I thought you were atleast 37. I guess I'm happy he didn't say WOW! That's OLD! Your girls are adorable! I'm still wishing I could get myself and all my kiddos to the gym. The best time for me to go is VERY early. Sigh. By the way, I am available to teach your class on Saturday the fifteenth. How many people usually attend? Do you usually do a circuit? Have fun at the concert!

Rachel said...

I love your children so much!! And you're pretty hot for being so old!!

Niki said...

I'm always in for a laugh when I read your blog...your kids are great for entertainment! :-)

Cat said...

That seriously reads just like something out of the Reader's Digest jokes section. :)

Joel and Dacia said...

Ha ha...cute! Someday they'll realize just how young you still are when they have kids of their own. I'm just confused - is being rude a good thing now or did they get the word mixed up with something else?

Jennifer said...

I love kids and their comments. It's like having your own personal comic strip. Sometimes funny in their cruel honesty.