I never knew that my favorite of any Christmas tree I have ever seen would be one decorated by my dear 4 year old. Isn't it lovely? Now, do I leave it like this as a constant reminder to embrace childhood creativity and all things innocent and good? Or do I reform it using all of my perfectionist adult tendencies?


P.S. In case you were going to test the theory that, in certain conditions, glass ornaments bounce, don't waste your time. Claire has proven that theory false. Regardless of how many times it is tested, the results are always the same.

11 comments:
Gorgeous! I would leave it and take lots of pictures:)
You crack me up. That is awesome. I say leave it. My tree looks the same. Its pointless to fix it. Whenever you turn your back, they will fix it.
Amber, leave it. I want to see it when I get there!
Guess I'm the only mean one of the bunch. You see, I would take pictures and THEN fix it (or get a tiny tree for her room that she could decorate to her heart's content). It would drive me crazy. Despite all my beliefs of not hindering children's creativity, I am a perfectionist at heart, and things need to be just so. I am getting better, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be strong enough to deal with that Christmas tree for two weeks.
Those ornaments are the very reason I have none on my tree this year. Only lights. I know, I know. Boo...party-pooper mom, but I have to save what little shred of sanity I have left, and ornaments and decorations aren't worth its loss.
Very cute! At least you have a tree up! I have not even gotten that far. We thought about putting the tree (fake mind you) up today and then I remembered that I would have to take it down.
I buy lots of pretty Christmas decor so that if I do put up the tree it will (I hope) be pretty. Quite honestly I don't think I have put up a tree in at least 5 years so all the pretty things I have purchase may not match. Hmmmm . . .
I say leave it too (sorry Andrea) It is just so cute and so funny.
ps. Claire is crazy-like you didnt know already!
Ok, so your children just left my house. I love them, and I think part of why I love them so much is because you are thier mother. You allow your children to be children, and I respect that so much. I find it humorous that Claire is an angel at my house. I mean really??? Leave your tree. There will come a time when your tree will be "perfect" and you will wish you had some 4-year-old hands to help you decorate it. See you tomorrow :)
I love the restraint you show in not reorganizing your tree! I couldn't stand it, as soon as the kids went to bed my sister-in-law and I 'tuned up' the tree.
we have had the same problem!
i have lost about 1/2 of my ornaments this year on the tile
Ha ha, that's super cute! Here's to plastic!
Post a Comment