December 10, 2008

Why showers are bad for your health....

Mental health that is. I thought, because they were playing so well together in the playroom, I could sneak away for a few minutes with little damage. Obviously, I was mistaken.
I give up. Personal cleanliness is so not worth this! When will I learn?

16 comments:

Amy Hall said...

Oh my goodness! Wow! They were like little tornadoes in each room:)

Rachel said...

I hate to say this, but I could have predicted this. You need to get a shower in your living room so you can keep an eye on them. Is it ia full moon? Why are our children being such monsters lately??????

Krista said...

Kids are so fun!

Michelle said...

Yay a post!!!! Well, I am sorry that it had to be under these circumstances. Kudos to you for keeping your sense of humor (or at least being cooled off enough to laugh).

P.S. That is what my house looks like before people come over (minus the little people stuff). That is why I have implemented the call-10min-before-you-arrive rule. That way I can clean my house.

Andrea said...

Doesn't the 'cora riding her bike down the street naked' post begin the same way? ;)

I love your children!

PEHNelson said...

Really? All that in just a shower?!?!?! You're right..it's not worth it!

Kristin said...

HOLY CRAP! When I scrolled to the second picture, my body actually shuttered! Those girls of yours are outta control! I love it!

Todd and Amyjoy said...

I am so sorry they did that. Whoever said about the 10 min rule, well, I don't think I could clean up big messes in ten minutes. It took me an hour and a half the other night to just do the dishes, clear off the table and pick up toys.
Every time I go out to run errands with my kids someone tells me to "enjoy them while they are young because they grow so fast." So I try to tell myself that and enjoy their little kid cuteness. There will be lots of time for an immaculate house later.

Andrea said...

Yikes! I was just headed to my bathroom to grab a quick shower, when I thought I'd check your blog for updates, and what do you know? Now I'm questioning my decision to maintain a reasonable level of hygiene. Maybe I'll just dig out a hat and wait 'til my husband gets home tonight!

BTW we just got your Christmas card...so cute! I love Christmas cards. BTW #2, I just sent one to you today. BTW #3, I HATE texting/blogging acronyms. LOL, LYL, SYL!

Joel and Dacia said...

I think they've figured out that Mommy taking a shower = demolition time! I'm sorry you had to clean it all up too!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. I will just send my kids over when I need to take a shower. They will have a great time with your little kiddos.
That kind of mess happens to me daily. Now I know why I clean all day every day.

DANIELDOOZ said...

On a similar day, burdoned by the mundane hours of cleaning and fussing, merely attempting to reach a fairly acceptable level of cleanliness (and feeling completely defeated), someone wisely said: "When your children are little, your home is a laboratary...when they are grown and gone, you may have your museum."
I try to remember that advice when my house looks like an experiment gone wrong--uh, EVERY shower, every phone call, every post, every meal, every day! Sigh. Here's my newest however, I'm showering at the gym! It eliminates a few 'unexpected experiments' AND saves on our hot water consumption! If you have atleast ten or fifteen minutes left on daycare time, shower there!

Andrea said...

Sorry, this has nothing to do with showering, but I HAD to comment about your comment on my blog. You see, I am a slipper aficionado as well (although I don't own any at the present moment, and only have an on-going battle with my husband over who gets to wear HIS...), and oh, the wonders of slipperdom that do exist this season! The Gap ones especially caught my eye, as they looked strikingly similar to regular footwear (think Ugg), and oh so deliciously cozy. The price-point was a little beyond my particular taste, but I plan to buy some at the end of the current cold spell, when they are on clearance for $5.00 or less! Also, TJ MAXX, I have found, is an excellent source for fuzzy house-going morsels of toe warmth (though I HAVE found that some TJ MAXX stores are far superior to others...the one here just happens to be fabulous) with minimal buyer's remorse. I'm hoping they'll carry some of the new designs soon.

Carry on.

Amy and Chaos said...

I really am sorry, but I do have to laugh. I learned early on that I must shower while there is at least one other adult in the house or the two youngest are sleeping. Luckily for our current schedule, I get ready for work while Sean is winding down from his. Works out better for our sanity. :) Good luck!

Michelle Butler said...

I LOVE that mine aren't the only ones that act like that!!!

Debbie and Boys said...

Okay now that I'm wiping away my tears from laughing so hard, I realize I'm crying because maybe I am a good mom too. My kids and yours would not play well together -well actually they'd be a demolition crew and probably have more fun than ever. I just forget to take pictures of our caos because, oh its CAOS! Your girls make me laugh harder than I do at my own world.
Thanks for the tears of joy!