March 20, 2009

One of these things is not like the other....

We love both of our girls equally (I am fully aware, based on her fabulous mullet among other homeless qualities, this picture does not make it seem that way. But rest assured, they are each dressed and presentable before we step out of the house. Claire just looks like this after about 5 minutes. What's a mom to do short of duct-taping her hands to her side. Actually, hmmm). So, after interviewing Cora, it was Claire's turn. It was, in true Claire fashion, a disaster.

Me: Can I interview you?

Claire: What?

M: Can I interview you?

C: No.

M: Why?

C: Because.

M: Because why?

C: Because.

M:Okay, what are some things you like, Claire?

C: Mommy and Desi (not to be confused w/ daddy) and to play w/ Play Dough and other stuff.

M: Like what?

C: Knock, knock.

M: What?

C: Say who's there.

M: Oh right, who's there.

C: Ach.

M: Ach-who?

C: Ha ha.

M: That was pretty funny Claire. Now can I ask you a few more questions?

C: No.

M: Why?

C: Because.

M: Because why?

C: Because.

M: Right. What is your favorite thing to eat?

C: Um, food (pretty much right on the money) and a samwich. And mustachios (aka, pistachios).

M: What is your favorite song?

C: If You're Happy and You Know (she never says "It" and I'm not sure why?) -She begins singing it while doing the actions to "I'm a Little Teapot."

M: What do you want to be when you grow up?

C: Um, um, um. I want to play Dora Bingo.

M: But what do you want to do for a job?

C: Be a go go (I would have passed out if she had added "dancer").

M: WHAT?

C: Knock, knock.

M: Who's there?

C: Mickey Mouse's underwear. Ha ha. Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock. Um, do you want a question?

M: You want to ask mommy a question?

C: Yep.

M: Okay.

C: Ummmmm. Ummmm. Do you like food?

M: (To myself I said, "Have you seen my thighs.") Um, yes. Mommy likes food very much.

C: Okay, you're done (she says as she walks away).

M: Wait Claire, can I ask you a few more questions.

C: (ignores me)

M: Claire?

C: (ignores me)

M: Okay, I guess this interview is over.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

I love these little interviews! My question is: how do you remember exactly what was said? do you write it down, or do you just kind of try to remember?

Rachel said...

ahahahahah! Thank you for a great start to my morning. Claire kills me! Really. She's crazy and I love it!

Amber said...

Jessica, when I first did Cora's I just wrote it down. Problem was she talked sooo fast, so I had to write furiously to keep up. So with Claire, I tried taking video, but she was hamming it up for the camera and it was unnatural. What finally worked was to use Mark's recorder from work. I just turned it on and she never knew it was there. So this interview was word for word!

Katie said...

I love this idea! They say the BEST things :)

Michelle said...

Claire is just too cute for words. What's a go, go if there is no dancer at the end?

Rachel said...

I just came back and reread this because it makes me laugh, and Claire is (although crazy) so pure...and she really does have a mullet. I LOVE THAT!!!!

Andrea said...

How did I miss this? I just love the mustachio part. Too cute. It does make more sense than PIStachio.

Collin & Elizabeth said...

I love this idea..and your little Claire cracks me up..what a fun child. I will meet her one of these days..

Kristin said...

I love this. SO cute!