March 20, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Cora-1 Year Later

Last year I interviewed Cora (see this). One year later, let's see how things have changed:

Me: Can I interview you?

Cora: Interview? Like I have to go somewhere with a briefcase? Okay.

M: Not quite. I'll just ask you some questions right here if that is okay.

C: If you insist (seriously, this is how she talks sometimes).

M: What are some things you like?

C: I like my mommy and daddy. And I like little piglets and books. And squirrels. And I like to play with my friends and I like, well, I think that's all.

M: What is your favorite food?

C: I like orange chicken and rice and beans. And I like Kung Fu Panda (aka. Panda Express).

M: What do you want to be when you grow up?

C: Hmmm. I probably want to work at McDonalds, but if I can't then maybe I'll work at Burger King. Or I know, I could work at Wal-Mart. Or maybe be a nurse.

M: A nurse would be nice (I said as I crossed my fingers and silently swore to love my daughter, regardless of the profession she chooses). So, what is your favorite TV Show?

C: SpongeBob, because he is AWWWESOME! And he is a little sponge that talks and lives in a pineapple for his house.

M: If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?

C: I would go to Alabama to see my Nana and Papa.

M: How would you get there?

C: Fly a plane.

M: You would fly the plane?

C: You're silly. A pilot would do it for me. He would fly me right over my neighborhood to their house.

M: What is your favorite song?

C: Smoke (by Natalie Imbruglia-it is on a burned CD of mine, and for some reason she has become obsessed w/it?) or Love Story by Juliette (aka. Taylor Swift).

M: What is your favorite thing to do?

C: Draw pictures of my family and play outside, you silly squirrel. And that is what I would be doing if you would stop asking me questions and please let me go.

M: Okay, you're done. Run free little one.

C: Bye squirrel.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Quite insightful! I think that means it is almost time for me to interview Anna again!! I'll have to check.

ps. had a second interview at the bank today, will find out Wednesday!

Dannenbergs said...

Does she call you squirrel often?

Rachel said...

I love this and may have to copy your idea. I love Cora... She is AWWEESSOOME! Just like her mommy :)

Monica said...

M: What do you want to be when you grow up?

C: Hmmm. I probably want to work at McDonalds, but if I can't then maybe I'll work at Burger King. Or I know, I could work at Wal-Mart. Or maybe be a nurse.
That is my favorite one. It made me laugh out loud. See you next week squirrel

Kristin said...

I was looking forward to finding out what her favorite animal was . . .

Stephanie said...

What a great idea. I'm going to borrow it, we'll see how it goes, he's only 2. BTW, you probably get this a lot, but Cora looks just like you! Is there any of your husband in her?

Cat said...

Love it. I remembered her interview from last year too because she totally cracked me up then too.

Andrea said...

Does she know that there are no briefcases involved in McDonalds, Burger King, or Walmart professions? Maybe THAT could be your leverage...