May 03, 2012

Paleo Plate Pictures: Day 13

Dishonesty is one of my biggest pet peeves (that and dirty microwaves), and I try my best to be a pretty honest person. My mother says I'm brutally honest, so technically what can often be considered a desired trait can also be a flaw.

But I blatantly lied once when I wrote my resume. I said "multitasking" was one of my greatest strengths. I'm not sure how a wooden nose didn't shoot out of my face the instant I typed that word. It was the furthest thing from the truth.

Mark is always telling me about how he'll be in his patrol car running someone's plates on the computer while simultaneously talking on the phone and his radio and maneuvering through traffic. I would have long since mowed down a pedestrian and taken out a stop sign or two if that was my job. Luckily for the fine citizens of Boise, it is not.

Because I can't even saute onions and garlic while unloading a dishwasher 3 feet away. See those little black charred bits in the photos above. Those are onions. Well, were onions before they met my greatest strength.

I just pretended I was going for a smokey flavor and ate them anyway. I'm flexible like that.

Scrambled Eggs with Avocados and Tomatoes
Sauteed Broccoli, Peppers and Zucchini with charcoaled onions & garlic
Orange slices


I'm flying to Seattle tomorrow for the Tacoma Marathon. If you never see another Paleo post from me it's because I didn't make it. I'd say wish me luck, but at this point luck can't even help me.

No comments: