May 01, 2012
Paleo Plate Pictures: Day 11
I can't stop eating this. It's possible it's one of my very favorite new recipes. It is so simple too. And we just so happen to be growing spaghetti squash in our garden, so I suspect this will become a summer staple. Next time I'm going to add grilled chicken and make it a full meal as opposed to a side dish. Did I mention it's delish?
Tomato Basil Spaghetti Squash
1 Spaghetti Squash
Olive Oil
Garlic Salt
Pepper
2 small Roma Tomatoes, chopped
2-4 Tbs Fresh Basil Leaves, finely chopped
Grated Asiago and Romano Cheese (can also use parmesan or mozza)
Preheat your oven to 400. Hack the squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scrape out all the guts. Drizzle olive oil all over each half, then sprinkle garlic salt and pepper (totally your call on how much here. You can always add more after it's baked). Place squash cut-side down on a baking sheet (I put mine on a Silpat) and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully flip over. Use fork to pull squash strings away from the side. Mix in the tomatoes and basil and top with cheese (again, your discretion. I just used a pinch, but my kiddos like a bit more). Place back in the oven and broil on high for 3 minutes.
Yumm-o!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yum. I love spaghetti squash. I have a faux spaghetti that I really enjoy that uses spaghetti squash as the "noodles". I will be trying this recipe, mark my word.
Post a Comment