May 08, 2012

Paleo Plate Pictures: Day 15

The weather was a gorgeous 80 degrees today until the sky clouded over and a storm moved in. That was all the excuse I needed to make a nice big batch of this Chicken Tomatillo Soup.

You basically saute 6-8 peppers of your choice (I used red & green bell, jalapenos and poblanos), with some garlic & onions. Season with chipotle powder, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika and salt (use about 2 tsp of each). Then you add a large can of tomatillos, drained & chopped, about 2 lbs of shredded, cooked chicken breasts or pulled pork and 4 cups of chicken broth. Simmer for about 2 hours and then gobble up.

I'm not exact in the measurements because I don't measure for this recipe. I've made it so frequently that I just add a little of this and that. My non-Paleo husband likes it with mozzarella cheese, crunched up tortilla chips and sour cream. To each his own!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Mmmmm...looks good.