That salad is not what I planned on having for dinner. In fact, as I type this, my house is filled with the delicious smell of a warm Crockpot meal. But the key component to eating Paleo/healthy/better is planning. And that "Fail to plan and plan to fail," saying was ringing pretty true today.
I found myself at the mall at dinner time. Because I started it so late, said Crockpot meal would not be done for another 2 hours. I was starving. The kids were starving. So dinner was served at the mall.
Now I love the mall for a number of reasons. I love to people watch there. I love to snag free panties from Victoria's Secret every now and then. I love the shoe sales at Dillards, and earning Gymbucks at Gymboree, and letting Claire window shop at Claire's, the store she truly believes was named after her.
But I do not love the mall food court. At all. The lure of the WetzelspretzelCinnabonOrangeJulius is strong. And so not Paleo. So very not Paleo.
So I ran in the opposite direction and bought this salad. It was decent enough after I extracted the American cheese from it. American cheese in a Chef's salad? Who does that? American cheese could cease to exist and I wouldn't shed a tear. I'm not a fan. Which coming from this cheese lover is saying something.
Today was an epic food fail, but I'm pretty stoked about a new spaghetti squash recipe I'm trying tomorrow. So stay tuned...

No comments:
Post a Comment