This is a breakfast I routinely do, but without the bacon. I only throw the bacon in when I'm cooking for the husband, too. Not that I don't adore bacon. I do. But my love affair with bacon can get out of control if not kept in check. I'd put bacon on everything and anything. Bacon on donuts, check. Bacon on ice cream, check. Bacon on blueberry muffins? Oh, I've tried it. But do you sense a theme here? All of the items I love with bacon don't love my thighs, or love my thighs a little too much I should say. So I eat bacon sparingly, and enjoy every last morel when I do.
Egg Scramble (I throw in any and all veggies I have on hand. This morning it was broccoli, red & green peppers, onions, tomatoes & avocado. Then a few cloves of garlic, basil and some pepper spice it up.)
Almond Butter Coated Banana (I especially love eating this first thing in the morning because it makes me to guzzle water or choke to death. Great way to force hydration!)
Bacon (YUM!)
My husband is not a breakfast lover or I'd eat breakfast for almost every meal. Breakfast foods make me happy. Although I have swapped waffles and pancakes for what you see above, there's this tasty Paleo berry banana muffin that I can't get enough of. I'll share that recipe later this week when I make them. It will almost make you forget about custard-stuffed french toast. Almost.

1 comment:
The banana with anykindof butter is my favorite pre-run food. It's quick (a must, since I am not getting up any amount of seconds earlier than I absolutely have to), it's easy (again with the sleeping in), and it sticks to your ribs (it'll get me through about 7 miles). Also, it helps me gag down more water than I would otherwise be able to. I like my bananas frozen, though. I have a hard time eating bananas, but if they're frozen it makes a big difference for some reason. My, I'm chatty-without-a-cause today.
Post a Comment