Sometimes when you're experimenting with new foods and new recipes, you stumble upon one that looks and sounds delicious, but is very much not. So is the case with these stuffed peppers. The guts were good. I combined browned hamburger meat with sauteed onions & garlic, then added basil, salt, pepper, zucchini, tomatoes and corn. My kids ate it on a bed of potato chips (kinda defeats the purpose, I know. But they ate it nonetheless), but we stuffed ours in peppers, sprinkled with a bit of Parmesan cheese and roasted them.
Now I love me a good stuffed pepper, but the combination here just didn't work. I'm going to make the hamburger hash portion of this again, but avoid using the pepper as the base. I'll have to think of something else to serve it with/on. Maybe cauliflower rice or mashed sweet potatoes? Experimenting here I come...

No comments:
Post a Comment