If you know me well, or even a little, you probably know that I LOVE animals. NOT! (Yes, I know. The eighties called and they want their expression back. I can't help it. With all this NKOTB talk, I am helplessly reverting back to my pink LA Gear high-top days. I even said Bull Honkey the other day while having an adult conversation. Try explaining that one away!) Anyway, back to all things slobbery, smelly and hairy. I despise pets. ALL pets. Cats, puppies, rabbits, ferrets, hamsters; I have a blanket hatred for all of them. I could bore you with the reasons, but bottom line is all pets require some maintenance (and some maintenance is high maintenance to me) and regardless of how cute they seem, they all smell and shed (sorry to lump you in the "hairy" category goldfish, but your lifespan is such that you don't exactly merit your own category).
Well sadly, my family does not share this pet loathing. My husband wants a dog, Claire wants a kitty and now Cora wants a horse. My Pilates playgroup does not echo my feelings either (I blame them 100% for Cora’s new horse fetish). Our last 2 play dates have been at Simply Cats shelter and the ranch you will see below. And at this rate, I am pretty sure our next play date location will be the zoo, or something equally as animal infested!
I admit it was a blast watching my little cowgirl in training. She did not want to get off the horse and, although it was her first time near a horse, seemed like she had been riding horses her whole life. Actually, all the girls did great on the horses, and Claire did a great job eating, playing in manure and chasing plastic geese. The residual horse hair aside, it was a wonderful day with a wonderful group of people! (A HUGE thank you to Mr. And Mrs. Fish for opening up their beautiful home to our crazy girls! It was a day they will not soon forget!!)

Presley and Cora were in awe of the horses when we first arrived.

Jenna and Presley waiting to ride Snowy.

Cora on her first ride.

Cora on her second ride.

Claire eating fruit snacks (her favorite part of the day).

The girls were almost more excited about the geese than they were the horses.

Presley attempting to swipe a goose.

Cora attempting to ride a goose.

Mrs. Fish gave all the girls medals for riding the horse.

And she sent them home with PLENTY of goodies and trinkets.

Presley and Cora providing us with a little musical entertainment to bring the day to a close.
3 comments:
Too much fun! I like the little girl trying to steal the goose, that would be Libby!
I share your pure disdain for animals. ONCE when I was vulnerable I took home a puppy from some dog adoption day. . .I took it back. Who takes a puppy back? Oh. . .I do. Someday I will blog about it.
So glad someone else hates all non-human living creatures - I was beginning to think I was the only one, which made me feel non-human myself. Seeing as how the girls liked the plastic geese just as well as the horses, I say you get one of THOSE, set it in the backyard, and call it your pet. They'll be thrilled! And just think, if they beg really hard you can even cave and let them bring it in the house once in a while.
Post a Comment