This is the second year we have field-tripped it to a local pumpkin patch with Cora's preschool. I snapped a few shots, but Cora was too busy running wild to pause for pictures. We now have enough pumpkins in our possession to decorate our entire sub! Pumpkin pie anyone (and of course I mean YOU would have to make the pie, I'm just here to eat it!)?

Here we have Cora and Davis mesmerized by the chickens. Blame Farmer Steve for the lack of chickens in this picture, as he told her class if they stuck their fingers through the fence, the chickens would mistake them for worms and peck them off (wisely, they kept their distance!).

Claire learning the consequences of blocking the finish line to the maze.

She eventually turned herself around and made it out unscathed.

Claire inspecting the back of the chicken coop.

And a quick family shot to wrap up the day. (It has been brought to my attention that it appears I have only one leg, so please refrain from making any ridiculous pirate jokes. Thanks.)
7 comments:
I just thought that hay bale was in front of you a little, but now that you mention it...
I love pumpkin picking. We grew our own this year though, so we'll just settle for carving, hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls.
Just so you know, I am having a very strange crisis the last couple days where everything is beautiful, lovely, or wonderful. It will subside I'm sure, so come back to my blog to visit. I'll try not to be overly crazy-sweet.
And, just so you also know, I think that I am an optimistic pessimist: I try to find beauty all around, but usually end up stepping in #**@! because I forgot to look at what was right in front of me. I have learned this is true, and so want to believe in beauty, but have a hard time.
I'm trying to find more beauty, but believe me, I will NEVER ignore the obvious crap! That would go against everything I believe, dear girl.
Beauty, beauty, beauty. Didn't think I'd used it enough yet.
Aaaargh, Captain.
I am so jealous. I have been wanting to take the kids to a pumpkin patch since we have lived here...and they are just too far away to go. I am so looking forward to being back in Idaho next year for fall. Thanks for sharing your trip to the patch with me. I almost felt as if I was there:)
I didn't realize how much you are Cora look alike. Holy moly!
Your blogs are the perfect way to start a morning!! Could you blog everyday? It's better than coffee! Your family is so beautiful and I smile looking at that picture, knowing you are all a part of my life. Your one-legged hotness amazes me.
Ok...it's almost nine, and we are all still in our pajamas! I am slacker mom this morning.
See you in class Matey! RRRRRR!
Amber Amber Amber. . . until you have had one eye for 3 months and wear a patch you truly cannot complain about pirate jokes. :) You guys are beautiful. Seriously. You make me happy.
Ha ha! He told them their fingers would get pecked off!? I'm so imagining that guy in my head right now.
I haven't visited your blog for awhile. It's been great catching up! I adore you! Do you know me well enough to know that I'm not a reader? I haven't read a novel since college (for a grade), but I have to say--I'd enjoy reading anything that you've written! I'm trying to pull my life together enough to attend another of your fitness classes. Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment