I know. I know. I have gone blog crazy this week. Not sure why. My life hasn't been unusually calm or anything to provide me with more time for blogging. I guess I am just in a bloggy mood (I think I just made up a new word?). Anyway, today Cora and I went on a Mommy/Daughter date. Nothing too fancy. Just a shopping trip to the mall followed by dinner out. It was a lot of fun to get some one-on-one time with her. I have the opportunity for alone time with Claire while Cora is at preschool, but rarely the other way around.
The more I am around her, the more grownup she seems to me. She makes such thoughtful statements and I am sure her little brain is always processing at a mile a minute. Like when we were checking out at the Children's Place and she asked the clerk to hold on a minute because the lights were way too bright and she needed to fix the problem. She walked around until she found a hat, put it on and said "Okay, now you can keep going. I was having a problem in this store because of all the light, but this hat is a 4T so it should work." The sales lady told her she was a smart cookie, and Cora explained to her that she wasn't food, she was a little girl. That of course made all of us laugh, including the mother standing in line behind us. She really is a breath of fresh air!
So speaking of growing up, she has recently conquered the monkey bars in our back yard. She just goes back and forth, over and over again until she has blisters (this should not surprise us considering we have called Cora "Big Monkey," and Claire "Little Monkey" since Claire was born). Well we take the girls to the community park in our sub almost every night when we go out for our family bike ride and Cora loves the monkey bars there as well. They are a lot thicker than the bars in our backyard and so a few times back and forth and her arms are shot. I recorded her making it all the way across a few times, but I thought this video was funnier than showing her actual new trick.
8 comments:
It's true, you have two amazingly adorable little girls.
That video made me smile:)
Anna watched it, got her sad, dramatic look on her face and said, "momma, I reallly wanna go back and see her. I miss her so much." I knew it, together for 2 hours and friends for life!
I wish I had strength like that!
Cute! Diego is our Monkey too!
Meanwhile, under 8 hours left. I am tempted to go to a launch party at Borders. Why can't we live closer so you could come with me!?
Ok, so I finished it...Friday night...that would be two days of reading while I was supposed to be doing my finals! It was good...I am now number 70 in line for the next one!
I remember having blisters from monkey bars - aww...the good ol' days. Now I think I would probably fall to my death if I attempted anything that requires upper body strength. That's why I stick to blogging - fun, exciting, and interesting, without sore muscles and physical exertion (not to mention the balmy 72 degree weather here in my bedroom).
Cora's arms and hands are stronger than mine. I can't do the monkey bars at all. Thanks for sharing. It put a smile on my face.
Post a Comment