July 30, 2008

Ugh

This will be funny someday, right??!! Like when Claire is 16 and I am telling her current crush about the time she thought it would be awesome to take the blackest, most permanent Sharpie to our kitchen floor (did not recognize it, no idea where she got it. It wasn't even a marker I knew we owned!), that will be comical, no? And the 2 hours of scrubbing on my hands and knees with every cleaning product under the sun, laugh out loud hilarious someday, right? Right? If only someday would hurry up and get here.

11 comments:

Kristin said...

I agree. Ugh!

Stephanie said...

Yowch, that sucks! So did it finally come off? Just think...two more days...and smile!

Amber said...

Yep, it finally came off. I ended up pouring like half a gallon of pure bleach on the floor and letting it soak for like 15 minutes. That finally did the trick when nothing else would! It wouldn't have been so bad except it is not a smooth surface like the picture makes it appear. It is textured so the marker got down in the grooves and made a quick clean up impossible.

Monica said...

Wow, I can't believe you got it off, good for you.

Andrea said...

Ugh...Libby did that to our coffee table, which Matt made, with green sharpie. You have much patience...

Anonymous said...

Oh Amber. How have you not lost your mind. Youre patience is amazing. A good quality to have and one thing I admire about you for sure.

Andrea said...

ps. I started reading Twilight today...what am I getting myself into?

Andrea said...

For future reference, aerosol hairspray gets most marker and ink off of things - it's a great tip for these fun times. I live in fear of something like this happening. Saylor was notorious for scribbling on everything, so now all things that make marks are under lock and key...and yet they still manage to find some stray crayon or pen every once in a while, making my life just a little more exciting. I think we have the same tile - love it, but on occasions like these the little grooves and cracks aren't so great.

Jessica said...

I'm glad you got it out!!

Heather said...

So I saw the picture before I read your post, and said outloud "I hope that wasn't a Sharpie."
At least you were finally able to come up with something to get it off. I can't believe these little kids and what they come up with to make us work harder like we don't have anything else to be doing.
I am glad you hope to laugh at this one day. It helps in the cleaning process:)

Amy and Chaos said...

I realize it's a little late now...but Belle did this to my sister and her husbands coffee table, carpet, and recliner. Her Hubby just laughed and got out the rubbing alcohol (90% proof) and it came out so quickly! I couldn't believe it. I was just sick and he saved me from further torture of guilt. Hairspray does work great on ball point pen marks and other pen marks as the other poster suggested, but rubbing alcohol is amazing stuff. We keep well stocked here.