Yes, those are Claire bite marks. From the remnants it seems she enjoys the lemon and orange "flavors."
Caught her red, er, blue-handed.
Cora told me that Claire decided to "organize" the desk. I made the mistake of leaving my cereal bowl on the counter, which was then transferred to the office and shared with the now "organized" desk contents. (Do you see how dangerously close the milk came to destroying my precious Twilight books? Oh the wrath if that would have occurred!!)Now on to Cora. She has been quite hilarious lately as well, but in a much less disastrous manner. For instance, yesterday I was sitting on the back porch watching the girls play and attempting to enjoy my lunch in peace. Cora pulled a chair up beside me, crossed her legs and said, "Let's talk." When I asked what she would like to talk about, she recrossed her legs and gave me what I can only assume is the shrink stare down before saying, "Tell me a little about yourself." Where does she come up with this stuff?
Then later that afternoon she came up to me so excited and said, "Mom, this is amazing. I was looking in the drawer for a pencil and right there beside the black thing (drawer organizer) and to the side of it I found the most amazing thing. You would not believe it. It is a pair of scissors for ants."
Below you will see the "ant" scissors, aka sewing kit scissors.

I'm not sure why I even go to the gym because I am fairly certain I burn enough calories just laughing at my crazy children!
11 comments:
The ant scissors are the best! :)
I wish laughing really burned enough calories to make the gym unnecessary!
Oh my, that is SO funny!
Aren't you amazed at what little children can do! Your little Claire seems like quite the firecracker! My Hunter was kind of like that. You'll be happy to know he has "calmed" down. Meaning he's still a little crazy, but a wonderful boy!!!!
That's great that you can laugh at messy, sometimes disastrous things. I have a hard time with that. But really, what else can you do? It's better to laugh and snap a photo than yell and be angry all day. Sounds like Cora is shaping up into a fine psychotherapist. Let me know when she has an appointment available - I need one.
your girls are so cute! they sure keep you on your toes! you have gift for writing, i really enjoy reading your posts - i love your insight on motherhood. maybe its a generation thing, but i viewed myself the same way! and i have been feeling lots of the same things as my last twenties birthday approaches next month! :)
Ha ha, ant scissors! I love the deep questioning too. And isn't it great that you were blessed with such a good sense of humor for those messy moments? I happened to watch Super Nanny last week and the mom on there would never let her kids get messy. Super Nanny had to teach the mom to laugh at the messes.
Ant Scissors! that's the best! How incredibly cute! and you're a Twilight fan? Oh, my I knew I liked you. I love the series and can't wait for the new book -- any day now.
I know exactly what you are living through, and I believe they are born this way and it is apart of thier personalities. My first two never got into anyything and then Chaz joined our world and life or our house has never been the same!
Oh, I laughed the whole way through this post. I feel much the same way. Emma had recently decided that she is going to grow up to be a mom and have a Paige also. Hopefully some day, I will get to meet Cora and Clair.
I am impressed that you are able to laugh through it all. You are a better woman than I.
Post a Comment