April 22, 2012

Paleo Plate Pictures: Day 2

My tasty breakfast this morning. I used to be anti-breakfast, but have learned over the last year that a hearty breakfast fuels me for the day. I also end up eating healthier throughout the day if I kick it off right. Here's what was on my plate:

3 Ingredient Paleo Pancakes (2 bananas+1 egg+ 2 T almond butter~ cooked in coconut oil) topped with fresh strawberries
2 eggs scrambled (with basil & pepper seasoning)
Roasted Butternut Squash (tossed in olive oil & salt/pepper/garlic)


Don't ask me how many calories the meal contains because I don't count calories. In fact, when I stick to a strict Paleo diet, I typically consume way more calories than the average 2,000 calorie recommendation. With that said, I also find myself losing weight and in the best shape of my life, so it's not something I concern myself with.

Lastly, here's a silly video that my bestie & I made last year. We made a series of Paleo videos that were mostly trainwrecks, but you might find a tad bit of enjoyment from them. In this one we explore what our typical Paleo day looks like. I'd say enjoy, but I've seen the video.

1 comment:

Gaylynn said...

Thank you for this. I was seriously going to message you any day now and ask what it is you eat. I've recently tried giving up wheat. It gives me headaches. I still eat other grains but I really try to limit them. It's hard though, so thank you for starting these.