She started barfing and didn't stop. We got the call from the babysitter just as we were settling into our movie. Since we all arrived in the same car, we all promptly left, popcorn and Milk Duds in hand, in the same car. Bummer.
What was not a bummer? That the poor babysitter had to clean up the puke and not me (I've never paid a babysitter more in my life!).
7 comments:
Poor little monkey!~ I hope she feels better soon! Sorry about your date! For a couple years we had sick children on every three or four day weekend... we actually started dreading long weekends!!
Oh. I hate throwing up! I hate cleaning up others throw up more than I hate throwing up! Your babysitter is amazing. (I am afraid I may have let the thought cross my mind to leave it for the parents...not very responsible, I know!)
I am sorry you missed your movie.
I got your comment on my blog and I don't take it personal that you don't check my blog daily :).
I am such an sporadic blogger that I don't really expect anyone to check it. I am very giddy though when I do find comments! So thanks, friend!
Bummer and then NOT a bummer. (I hate cleaning up vomit!)
Don't kids always have THE best timing? :D
I ran across a blog one day that shared a hilarious video about 'vomit 101' or something to that effect. After an episode similar to the one you described (however, I think the child's' father had actually cleaned the messes), he did a vomit training session with all of their children: what to do when you need to throw up! He made each of the children practice--hold bucket under chin, run to bathroom, puke in toilet, etc. It was HILARIOUS! I wonder if it solved his problems.....Wish I still knew it's origin. Sorry about the spoiled date. Hope she's feeling better.
Having been the baby sitter that had to clean up the puke (both out of the CAR and off the kitchen floor . . . after sleepily stepping in it . . . ), I can attest that the babysitter deserved the hazard pay. :)
Dang it #1. Missing your fun night out
Dang it #2. Sick kid
Dang it #3. This one is reserved for the babysitter. (but is it so wrong for me to be just a smidge happy to hear of a babysitter who actually DID something to earn her pay...?)
Poor baby girl. I do hope she is feeling better. What a nice babysitter. I had a dream about you. BTW - I dreamt about you last night.
Post a Comment