Dear evil man in front of me at check stand 4:
Sometimes I want to scream at stupid people to shut up. But since we don't allow the use of the word "stupid" or shut up" in our house, it might be a bit hypocritical of me.
There are a lot of things I am uncertain about in this life, but I do know this: if you cuss out a grocery store cashier right in front of your 3 small children because she won't price adjust an item to LAST week's sale price, you are dumb. Plain and simple. Dumb is another word we can't say around our house or I might be tempted to say it to your face.
And furthermore, the "F-word" is not the best vocab word to be dropping if you are trying to teach your children about, well, anything. But I suspect, based on the way you yanked your smallest out of the cart by one chubby arm and flung her helplessly to the ground, you are not teaching your children much of anything except exactly who not to grow up to be like.
Another word we don't allow in our home: HELL. But I suspect you will become quite familiar with that one, as there is a special place there reserved just for you.
6 comments:
I wish you could send it to him. Great post. Sorry you had to write it!
Unfortunately, what those kind of parents are actually teaching their children is to be JUST like them. Hence the absurdly high percentage of ignorant, jerkish people. But you'd think they would be polite enough to abstain in front of OTHER people's children. C'mon!
p.s. we don't say any of those words in our house either, hypothetically.
It is tough to see parents acting that way, and I don't mean to make it okay when I say: He was probably having one bad day. Where was the mom? Maybe they just got divorced or she's dying in some hospital somewhere and he was too proud (and stressed) to admit that he read the weekly advertisement incorrectly. Of course, nothing ever justifies those kinds of actions, but maybe something can explain them.
I know I'd be rather upset, though, if a guy did that in front of my child as we waited to check out.
Oh dear! I hate stupid people.
Last night my son was watching a cartoon and said, "What the hell is that?" Greeeat. I knew he'd probably gotten it from his dad, but then I thought..have I said it lately?
Oh dear!
Yikes!
Post a Comment